CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: Meaning of your username!

Quote Originally Posted by exterminator
    Has it got any relation to Johannerburg? Regards.
    Yes it does!

I actually live about 80 KM from Jo'burg in a city called Vereeniging
    Thanx, for noticing!

Thumbs up Re: Meaning of your username!

Quote Originally Posted by HanneSThEGreaT
    Yes it does!
    I actually live about 80 KM from Jo'burg in a city called Vereeniging
    Thanx, for noticing!
    Aah..I spelt it wrong - I meant Johannesburg not Johannerburg..anyway...you got it...Yeah...actually we Indians are great fans of cricket and South Africa had a great team at the time of Hansie Cronje. After him they kind of struggled and when Johnty Rhodes retired they became miserable...Currently their form is also not that good as it used to be...South Africa has produced some great cricketers. And it was always great to see India and South Africa play there...Johannesburg being one of the prominent fast and bouncy pitches. Another reason why I know about that country is for diamonds..and then for Mahatma Gandhi...who started his voyage from there. Are you a native there meaning you are a born citizen or there for job or some temporary reason? South Africa seems to be one of the nicest countries with great beaches...and I would love to travel there someday...(These days my pocket won't allow...not even close ). Sorry to dissappoint you but I am unfamiliar with Vereeniging but since you are from there ...now I am kinda know it...and can say that yeah I know one person from Vereeniging, South Africa...cool isnt it? Take care. Regards.

//Hannes - why are you so conscious about your looks - i saw your remarks on the CG photo album thread - I saw Desperado yesterday yet again...And I thought that you had Antonio Banderas looks...Kudos... You look like a dude to me..also similar to a Marketting Head in my last company who went by the name - Frank Miller.

Hi Florian!
    Yes Johannes is my REAL name, but all my friends (the little that I have - outside CG) call me Hannes (which is an abbreviation)
    Just wondering, Joe
    Because Hannes itself is also a valid name. One of my best friends name is Hannes.
    I am not offering technical guidiance via email or IM
    Come on share your photo with us! CG members photo album!
    Use the Code Tags!

Exterminator: Don't get me started on the VERY Pathetic state of SA cricket - I don't even watch any more, and I'm the type of guy that could sit through a 5 day testmatch, not missing one second. What SA cricket board did to Hansie, was unforgiveable.
    SA is such a beautiful country, I agree, and the weather is nice too. I was born here, but I've moved alot and we have family right across SA, so it's always nice to visit family!

NoHero: You can call me Joe!

BTW. Johannes comes from the Bible (John the Babtist)
    Last edited by HanneSThEGreaT; February 26th, 2008 at 11:33 AM.

Ejaz is offline Elite Member Power Poster

About SA and Cricket: Well, apart of all that, SA crowd is also ..............................pretty nice. Something that distract South Asian players and not to mention expectators too

Thumbs up Re: Meaning of your username!

Quote Originally Posted by Ejaz
    About SA and Cricket: Well, apart of all that, SA crowd is also ..............................pretty nice. Something that distract South Asian players and not to mention expectators too
    Yeah...Nice ...And Hannes ...Indian cricket team that looks so solid on paper is no better...with the recent chaos between the captain - Mr. Sourav Ganguly and Mr. Greg Chappel - everything came into light...lets hope you (SA team) and we (IND team) recover for the better of cricket...By the way, sorry for out of context posts..You all go on with your inputs about names/surnames/usernames/nicknames etc....

NoHero: You can call me Joe!
    Yeehaa, and you can call me flo
    I am not offering technical guidiance via email or IM
    Come on share your photo with us! CG members photo album!
    Use the Code Tags!

My name actually came from a band that I started a long time ago, we since broke up and I have the rights to the name cause I thought of it And I like it it sounds kinda funny.
    "Windows programming is like going to the dentist: You know it's good for you, but no one likes doing it."
    - Andre LaMothe

DLL For Beginners(UPDATED)
    Please use CODE tags
    Rate me if I've helped.

Hi all,

My nick name or pet name is first three letters of my name. Since there is only some one with Joe as user name, I thought of adding nw which stands for network. My real name is also used by somebody.

Thank You.

Mathew: My real name.
    Joy: First three chars of Dad's name
    Mathew Joy: My official name
    Even if our suggestions didn't help, please post the answer once you find it. We took the effort to help you, please return it to others.

* While posting code sections please use CODE tags
    * Please check the codeguru FAQ and do a little search to see if your question have been answered before.
    * Like a post, Rate The Post
    * I blog: Network programming, Bible

I do all things thru CHRIST who strengthens me

Scorpion King from the movies Mummy and Scorpion King...

My username "tamsel" actually i shortened from my full name "Tamil Selvan". In college friends used to call me as Tam or tamil , i got bored about that. where the word "Tamil" is the language spoken in southern part of India especially in the state called Tamilnadu . It is one of the oldest language born 5000 years back. u might have heard about the legendary "Thirukural" like shakespere fame , it was written in tamil and it is translated in more than 150 languages. "selvan" has many meaning . one is bachelor or wealthy person or proficient in Tamil.

mehdi62b,
    mehdi is my name,1362 is the birthyear,b is the first character of the last name.

1362!? Is this counted from 622? I though you guys are using the universal time.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

Quote Originally Posted by cilu
    1362!? Is this counted from 622? I though you guys are using the universal time.
    we use persian calendar , (like Afganistan and Tajikistan).

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast