CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: Meaning of your username!

Quote Originally Posted by mehdi62b
    we use persian calendar , (like Afganistan and Tajikistan).
    from the site:
    This calendar is almost unknown in the West, although it is one of the most accurate, if not the most accurate in the world. Compared with the Gregorian calendar, which errors by one day, every 3,226 years, the Iranian calendar needs a one-day correction every 141,000 years. There are two reasons for this accuracy. The Iranian calendar uses a sophisticated intercalation system for determining the leap years. And the beginning of the year, which is a natural phenomenon (arrival of the Sun at the Vernal Equinox), is precisely determined each year by astronomical observations
    that was a huge gap....why we still using the unaccurate version?.......I vote for Persian Calendar:thumbs:

...???...
    ...don't blame me...when I smell nicc 'o' tyne...
    ...friends are like bras: close to your heart and there for support..

Thumbs up Re: Meaning of your username!

Quote Originally Posted by mrRee
    from the site:that was a huge gap....why we still using the unaccurate version?.......I vote for Persian Calendar:thumbs:
    Me too...

//By the way - what is 1362 in the inaccurate version?

that was a huge gap....why we still using the unaccurate version?...
    well,that calendar is related to ancient iran
    Quote Originally Posted by exterminator
    //By the way - what is 1362 in the inaccurate version?
    it is 1983-1984 in Gregorian calendar.
    Last edited by mehdi62b; October 6th, 2005 at 04:36 PM. Reason: typo

My real name is Zeeshan Amjad
    But lots of ppl found it difficult to pronounce, so almost everyone call Zee. My friends, who can pronounce my name, also started calling me Zee.

well,that calendar is related to ancient iran
    why it seems so late...you know -->1983 = 1362....is it start a bit late than the Gregorian calendar?..

...???...
    ...don't blame me...when I smell nicc 'o' tyne...
    ...friends are like bras: close to your heart and there for support..

why it seems so late...you know -->1983 = 1362....is it start a bit late than the Gregorian calendar?..
    The starting date is the journey of Mohammed from Mecca to Medina in 622 AD.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

Quote Originally Posted by cilu
    The starting date is the journey of Mohammed from Mecca to Medina in 622 AD.
    no,its related to Arabian countries,
    Persian's is something different,its not related to journey of Mohammed & islamic things.
    well,the Gerogorian's was introduced in 1580(16th century,Christian era) ,Persian's was introduced by omar khayam in 1079 (11th century,Christian era)
    Arabian's starting date is according to the journey of Mohammed from Mecca to Medina.
    Gerogorian's starting date is according to birthyear of jesus christ .
    about Persian's I can tell Persian's starting date is according to astronomical computations for considering more accuracy.

Gerogorian's starting date is according to birthyear of jesus christ .
    That's what they thought, because when the first calendar based on the birth of Jesus was introduced the priest that created it made a mistake in computing the year of his birth. In the Roman Empire the years were counted since the foundation of Rome (21 April 753BC) and there was a mistake of 4 years. Jesus was not born in 753 FR (Foundation of Rome), but 4 years earlier, in 749 FR, which means 4 BC. (Though some argue it was 3 BC (some say 11 september 3BC) others even 5BC.)
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

Can we change our usernames? I see Shuja (earlier vb_the_best) has got it changed but I could not find any option. Previously - vedam shashank also got it changed from Pink Panther (I guess). Exterminator seems to be very cruel name - what I am obviously not...

Yes, your name can be changed, but you can't do it. You must contact Brad, provide a good reason and he can do that since he has access to the database.

BTW, Mick also changed his name, in his early days was known as Mick2002.

I'm currious what name you want. By your avatar I would say something like "bug_in_the_machine" would be appropriate.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

This is my full name
    Appreciate others by rating good posts

"Only buy something that you'd be perfectly happy to hold if the market shut down for 10 years." - Warren Buffett

Yes, your name can be changed, but you can't do it. You must contact Brad, provide a good reason and he can do that since he has access to the database.
    Okay.. thanks Cilu for the info ..will try reaching him but a little bit later may be.
    BTW, Mick also changed his name, in his early days was known as Mick2002.
    Didnt know that. He doesn't seem to be there on codeguru anymore since his "Mick is Love" episode...he seemed quite annoyed by certain things here...may be thats why.
    I'm currious what name you want. By your avatar I would say something like "bug_in_the_machine" would be appropriate.
    Yeah..yeah...make fun of my avatar ...thats absolutely allowed but by the way...I do have a name ...don't I ??...so - bug in the machine is not the only option but if you are so keen for me to have it ...i'll may be consider it!! about other options, may be my original one ... but it seems to be so lengthy that may be i consider just my second/last name - Padmanabh, may be ..or my nickie Paddy..or something ...depending upon the availability...I am not decided on it yet...Is exterminator any good? Initially it attracted me a lot ..and hence I kept it when I couldnt find something better and not taken away by others..but now it seems a bit odd ...

//By the way - if you are interested in knowing about my avatar - see this - you'll get a bigger picture

about other options, may be my original one ... but it seems to be so lengthy that may be i consider just my second/last name - Padmanabh, may be ..or my nickie Paddy..or something ...depending upon the availability...I am not decided on it yet...Is exterminator any good?
    Don't ask me. I have problems with lengthly asian, especially indian, names. To me exterminator sounds good. But consider changing your avatar to something like this
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I don't think I need to say where I got my username. You know the movie, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ejaz
    You know, the guy who performed this character "Maddy" is (and I guess will be) at top of my list for 3 reasons.

1) He has tan complextion.....like me
    2) In the movie, he was software engineer.....like me
    3) He is little bulky....like me

So, for him
    Maddy ... his real name is Madhavan. he is a Tamil actor who has done few hindi films.... he acts well.. if u need more info about him just check hereMadhavan web site .
    It takes seconds for rating…that actually compensates the minutes taken for giving answers
    The biggest guru-mantra is: Never share your secrets with anybody. It will destroy you.
    Regards, Be generous->Rate people
    Jayender!!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast