CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Ejaz is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Re: Meaning of your username!

Quote Originally Posted by jayender.vs
    Maddy ... his real name is Madhavan. he is a Tamil actor who has done few hindi films.... he acts well.. if u need more info about him just check hereMadhavan web site .
    Thanx, I'll check it

Quote Originally Posted by exterminator
    Okay.. thanks Cilu for the info ..will try reaching him but a little bit later may be.
    why don't you use a username like dotdotdot or dotdotdot earlier...you don't have to reach them, they'll visit you

...???...
    ...don't blame me...when I smell nicc 'o' tyne...
    ...friends are like bras: close to your heart and there for support..

Quote Originally Posted by mrRee
    why don't you use a username like dotdotdot or dotdotdot earlier...you don't have to reach them, they'll visit you
    True....or may be some variation of Xeon...like Xeona...Xena...Xani...Xambi...something starting with an 'X'..they would keep a very close eye on me...Anyways...didnt keep it..didnt even know abt it that much...

I used to play on online games a lot (ie. quake, etc). I used Dracan for that, and I've just carried on using it from then. I basically just took the work Dragon, and changed it slightly.

"Byte ptr" lets the assembler know you want to store a byte. This must be done if variable was declared as a word. (DW). If variable is declared as a byte (DB), the "byte ptr" can be ommited.

I registered with this name coz its programming/developers forum and im also programming in ASM. That's all.

Smile Re: Meaning of your username!

Some members interpret my id as "RXB Again", but there's nothing symbolic/meaningful on it except my real name. My name is Rex Bagain and I just removed the "e" in it.

Anyway, I carry this name in most online registrations like yahoo, hotmail, aol etc.

Aha, so you're the king. Is your real name Rex?
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

Talking Re: Meaning of your username!

Yup, it's really Rex. I'm not sure though if they got it from Latin or they just picked it somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajay Vijay
    I have seen so many users on codeguru who use funny, abbreviated and crappy names. We should let others know what those usernames mean?
    I wanted to be a musician and I dreamt of my records going Platinum.

I wanted to be a programmer and I dreamt of myself coding in C or was it C+ or C++ or was it C+C or ++C or CC+
    Jesus died for my sin and now I am free

Someone has asked me this question before, but let me explain here too: my user name is my firstname without the underscore. Since "cherish" is almost always taken as username, I came up w/ "che_rish". That's all there is to it.
    A few friendly reminders:
    * Use Code Tags when posting code.
    * Rate good replies/post by clicking "Rate this Post" and leaving a positive feedback.
    * Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler. -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum Plus
    I wanted to be a musician and I dreamt of my records going Platinum.

I wanted to be a programmer and I dreamt of myself coding in C or was it C+ or C++ or was it C+C or ++C or CC+
    It is nice to see you after a long long time
    Even if our suggestions didn't help, please post the answer once you find it. We took the effort to help you, please return it to others.

* While posting code sections please use CODE tags
    * Please check the codeguru FAQ and do a little search to see if your question have been answered before.
    * Like a post, Rate The Post
    * I blog: Network programming, Bible

I do all things thru CHRIST who strengthens me

Quote Originally Posted by che_rish
    Someone has asked me this question before, but let me explain here too: my user name is my firstname without the underscore. Since "cherish" is almost always taken as username, I came up w/ "che_rish". That's all there is to it.
    The funny part is that "cherish" is not taken yet on CG. So, if you want, you can change it to cherish.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

Quote Originally Posted by cilu
    The funny part is that "cherish" is not taken yet on CG. So, if you want, you can change it to cherish.
    I didn't know that the Moderators could delete users as well. I pity the person who had originally take the id - "cherish"... Too bad, Cilu...too bad .. (what was the motive behind this??? ). Regards.

I didn't know that the Moderators could delete users as well.
    We like to live up to your name.
    what was the motive behind this???
    We cherish che_rish too much to deny her the posibility of using her name in the forums if that is what she want.

PS: I like to play on words today...
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

Quote Originally Posted by cilu
    I guess I fell into the habit of using che_rish as my username.
    So who should I contact to change it?
    Last edited by che_rish; November 10th, 2005 at 06:44 PM.
    A few friendly reminders:
    * Use Code Tags when posting code.
    * Rate good replies/post by clicking "Rate this Post" and leaving a positive feedback.
    * Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler. -- Albert Einstein

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast