CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Earthquake

Earthquake

I was sleeping today morning until 9:30 a.m. (IST). I was dreaming...that I was sleeping late and my friends living with me were trying to wake me by moving my bed - shaking it...and I kept ignoring them coz I felt they will stop after some more trials...I had slept late last night. But then suddenly my flat mate shouted ..."run run...its an earthquake tremor...."

I was in my baniyan and shorts ...and one of my other friends was there too...we both got up fast....and ran to the door...then came back for our shirts...and started climbing down the stairs hurriedly from the 7th floor of our apartment...we did not use the lifts...I didnt like going with it...we tooks the stairs instead. And within seconds we were in the open with nearly everyone in our society in the small open area that we had.

It was an earthquake ... a real one...I thank God that I am safe today. The effects in Pakistan was more severe since the epicentre was there near Islamabad (I dont remember the exact place). And it has caused some destruction there. Delhi went without troubles but Kashmir was also badly hit. I offer my prayers to all those who suffered the troubles of this calamity. It was some 7.8 (or even more, not sure about the data) richter scale quake.

Shuja (kashmir), Ejaz(Lahore), Abdul Nauman (probably Lahore) and all other members here - guys how are you?? How are things over there? Pour in some inputs...we'll be very eager to know... Regards.

Re: Earthquake

I've heard at TV an hour ago. I heard there are about 1800 deads. Seems that Islamabad was badly hit.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

Ejaz is safe. The earthquake did not hurt him.

(I PM-ed him immediately after, and he replied to confirm that he is secure.)
    Last edited by Siddhartha; October 8th, 2005 at 03:43 PM.

I`ll glad that you are ok guys, I hope all of your friends and families are safe.
    God could improve essentially a
    human nature, but he
    was too anxious with compatibility
    with the monkey.
    (Eugeny Goldberg)

Ejaz is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Hi all,

I'm fine, thanx god. It was worst in ages, as per news this area faced after 120 years such EQ. At some places, nothing left anymore, usually small villages are totally demolished. Islamabad faced the worest. Someone was telling that he had seen builings cracking and the sound that it made, makes the shiver run down the spine. The rescue teams are performaing but for many, it will never be the same again.

Kashmir also faced alot of destruction and casualities. I had little chat with Shuja yeserday, he is fine too. Lets hope for the best, for all.

Hi Guys,
    It has been the worst quake ever. Because of the epicenter being in Kashmir, the parts close to LOC were badly hit. Everything there has been razed to ground. The number of casualities has doubled here since yesterday. Moreover there are tremors happening every now and then. People here are so shocked. Till now we used to hear about big earthquakes but now we saw it ourselves.

Pakistani side has been affected badly though and according to TV around 30000 people are dead. Around 400 kids died when their school was razed to ground by the earthquake in the Northern Pakistan.

As said by Ejaz life will not be same for most of the people.

Hope things get better soon.

Wow, I'm glad you guys are fine. Always scary to hear about stuff like this.
    Microsoft LVP - Least Valuable Professional

Please rate this post... Pleeeeeeaaassee!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ejaz
    Hi all,

I'm fine, thanx god.
    I'm very glad that you're safe. I believe that people of your contry will overcome this disaster with honor.
    Best regards,
    Igor Sukhov

www.sukhov.net

how come I didn't know this news...I should read/watch news more often from now on...

anyway...I hope people there can overcome this with patience...
    and I also hope, CGese/CGer/CGian/CG members who lives there are all safe and can continue normal life as soon as possible....

...???...
    ...don't blame me...when I smell nicc 'o' tyne...
    ...friends are like bras: close to your heart and there for support..

Was thinking of you guys Ejaz, Abdul Nauman and Shuja when I saw the news on television. Glad to hear you guys are OK.

Oh man !! Good to hear you guys are safe. Take care and let us pray those affected have enough strength to pull themselves out of this disaster.

We are all going to perish either due to floods or due to quakes and seems to become more evident due to such events. Mother earth has decided to take back what's her's. Doomsday is here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrBeans
    We are all going to perish either due to floods or due to quakes and seems to become more evident due to such events. Mother earth has decided to take back what's her's. Doomsday is here!!!

Now write that on a big piece of cardboard and go outside & stand on the street corner. Don't forget to grow a beard & neglect personal hygiene for added credibility.
    Microsoft LVP - Least Valuable Professional

Please rate this post... Pleeeeeeaaassee!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz
    Now write that on a big piece of cardboard and go outside & stand on the street corner. Don't forget to grow a beard & neglect personal hygiene for added credibility.
    Hey calm down, Well this is the fact starting from the tsumani in 2004 end that hit south asia one or the other major events have been happening, Isn't that correct. Well even my good old town has never seen so much of rain as with this year, I feel I am have relocated to Tropical rain forest.

Bieng an educated community atleast let us understand how much we really doing!!!

I'm glad that you guys that live in that area are all safe and well.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBeans
    Don't want to take this thread off topic, but we won't perish because of an earth quake. Though a virus like H5N1 that causes bird flu can kill hundreds of millions of us.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast