I was sleeping today morning until 9:30 a.m. (IST). I was dreaming...that I was sleeping late and my friends living with me were trying to wake me by moving my bed - shaking it...and I kept ignoring them coz I felt they will stop after some more trials...I had slept late last night. But then suddenly my flat mate shouted ..."run run...its an earthquake tremor...."

I was in my baniyan and shorts ...and one of my other friends was there too...we both got up fast....and ran to the door...then came back for our shirts...and started climbing down the stairs hurriedly from the 7th floor of our apartment...we did not use the lifts...I didnt like going with it...we tooks the stairs instead. And within seconds we were in the open with nearly everyone in our society in the small open area that we had.

It was an earthquake ... a real one...I thank God that I am safe today. The effects in Pakistan was more severe since the epicentre was there near Islamabad (I dont remember the exact place). And it has caused some destruction there. Delhi went without troubles but Kashmir was also badly hit. I offer my prayers to all those who suffered the troubles of this calamity. It was some 7.8 (or even more, not sure about the data) richter scale quake.

Shuja (kashmir), Ejaz(Lahore), Abdul Nauman (probably Lahore) and all other members here - guys how are you?? How are things over there? Pour in some inputs...we'll be very eager to know... Regards.