CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: button color

Question button color

ok, I have seen a lot of threads about changing button color but.... (some using MFC, what confuses me...)

I could not understand where I should put the notification...
    case WM_CTLCOLORDLG:
    and how to handle this.

It it inside my DialogProc...or I should do a ButtonProc....

I could change the color of my Dialog ... (DialogProc), but not of my button.

What I want to do, to simplify, is when I press a button 1 I want to change the color button 2.

Someone could write some words about it to clarify this issue (please WinAPI).

Thanks

Lightbulb Re: button color

Quote Originally Posted by rafraf
    ok, I have seen a lot of threads about changing button color but.... (some using MFC, what confuses me...)

I could not understand where I should put the notification...
    case WM_CTLCOLORDLG:
    and how to handle this.

It it inside my DialogProc...or I should do a ButtonProc....

I could change the color of my Dialog ... (DialogProc), but not of my button.

What I want to do, to simplify, is when I press a button 1 I want to change the color button 2.

Someone could write some words about it to clarify this issue (please WinAPI).

Thanks
    before Posting any new thread just search it on code guru.There is already a lot of Example Present for color button .

and

The WM_CTLCOLORDLG message is sent to a dialog box before the system draws the dialog box. By responding to this message, the dialog box can set its text and background colors using the specified display device context handle.

Syntax

WM_CTLCOLORDLG WPARAM wParam LPARAM lParam;
    'CButton' is the only control that does not respond to the 'OnCtlColor()' message handler even though the MSDN explains it that way. To change the color of a 'CButton' control you have to set the style to ownerdrawn and do it yourself.

You will find a complete 'CColorButton' http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls...icle.php/c2087. This class does not allow you to change the color at run-time...you will find a modified control http://www.codeguru.com/buttonctrl/ClrButton.html
    Last edited by humptydumpty; October 24th, 2005 at 07:25 AM.

Re: button color

But I believe those examples make use of MFC....

and about WinAPI...

This is what confuses me... those codes can be implemented to a winAPI application ?