CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

No negative ratings.

You know, I have given out a few negative ratings. While I generally try to stay away from them, I have given them out. I have decided never to do it again.

Since this is a place meant to be for constructive criticism, is there a way to get rid of the option to rate a post negative? I think that negatives only create tension between possible helpers.

Brad, can you take back all my negatives I gave out? Or is this a hassle?
    If the post was helpful...Rate it! Remember to use [code] or [php] tags.

Re: No negative ratings.

There are times when negative ratings make sense. It is few and far in between, but there are times.

As many have said, getting a negative rating every now and then is just like life. As an example, you can hand out money, and you'll still offend that one person in some way. But chances are, if you are handing out money, at the end of the day your reputation is going to be so good that the few complains will be totally overshadowed.

Nobody should focus on the individual reputation ratings. Rather, in looking at your reputations, you should look at the total. if you are getting 95% positive ratings, then you are doing a lot of things right.

I actually looked into seeing if negative rep ratings can be turned off. It can't.

Brad!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones,
    Yowza Publishing
    LotsOfSoftware, LLC

-----------------------------------------------

Re: No negative ratings.

Thanks for the input and help.

EDIT: And thanks for ratings. I think I should just be grateful for what I have received. Once again, another day of learning at the CodeGuru forums.
    Last edited by peejavery; November 3rd, 2005 at 11:45 AM.
    If the post was helpful...Rate it! Remember to use [code] or [php] tags.