CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Question MFC app conversion to .NET

I wanna convert my MFC application to C#. Can somebody help with suggestions/tools?

Re: MFC app conversion to .NET

Quote Originally Posted by jackand007
    I wanna convert my MFC application to C#. Can somebody help with suggestions/tools?
    I guess completly rewritting it is your way, since conversation is barely possible and more time consuming.
    I am not offering technical guidiance via email or IM
    Come on share your photo with us! CG members photo album!
    Use the Code Tags!

Lightbulb Re: MFC app conversion to .NET

I am ready to rewrite the app and doing so for the UI conversion I found a tool RC Convertor from www.dudelabs.com but I cannot find any other tool which can convert my business logic code from C++ to C#.Will keep you posted with my progress.

Quote Originally Posted by NoHero
    I guess completly rewritting it is your way, since conversation is barely possible and more time consuming.
    There are several languages within the .NET framework that can be combined into a mixed solution, and C++ is one of them. So you can do the porting in steps. First everything to C++ .NET. Then selected parts, or everything, or just new parts, to C#.

Quote Originally Posted by _uj
    There are several languages within the .NET framework that can be combined into a mixed solution, and C++ is one of them. So you can do the porting in steps. First everything to C++ .NET. Then selected parts, or everything, or just new parts, to C#.
    Well...this would be one step too much....if you already have converted it to managed C++ then why would you bother to convert it further to C#?

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas Masur
    Well...this would be one step too much....if you already have converted it to managed C++ then why would you bother to convert it further to C#?

I am converting my MFC app to C#.I am writing all code by hand and I am useing RC convertor Tool for UI conversion from www.dudelabs.com.

Any body can help me to find a Tool, which can convert my MFC APP code to .NET.I searched alot but i was not able to find any tool.If anyone useing any tool which can convert MFC APP code to .NET then let me know.

Well...as already indicated, I haven't heard of such a tool and quite honest I wouldn't be sure whether anybody would program such a thing since it would mean to write a huge parser with deep knowledge about both languages and their constructs.