CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

c# capturing Barcode from barcode reader question

Hi

would just like to ask is it possible to make the C# program that can capture a barcode from a barcoder reader on something like an IC and search throught the database to determine is the person is a register user or new user....

I would be using the windows application or whatever it is called.... can't remember lol

Re: c# capturing Barcode from barcode reader question

Hi gret,

If you scan a barcode using a barcode reader, the reader itself decodes the barcode and submits the decoded information via serial- or USB-line or keyboard-line to the computer. That means , you will recieve the readable text, character for character. Of course, you can write a C#-app to read characters received via one of the computers interfaces and process this informations.

So open the desired port for reading from your application, read the data and process it.

Regards
    Jost

heya josh

thanks for the reply. Yeah i do know that the reader will submit the barcode to something like a textfile. But as my project require me to read and check if the barcode exist then show a "welcome Mr so and so" or display the new user registeration page once my card is scan. Its like 3 passive action in one active action so i am not sure if get the barcode from the textfile would be able to do it as the software will be used on a kiosk machine.

no codes needed just need to confirm this as i need to propose to my supervisor before writing the program.

regards
    gret

if you want to capture data from barcode reader, the c# program you are building must be compatible with the barcode scanning application. here are some c# sample codes to help you capture barcode from barcode reader. free feel to contact or email if you need help.

Quote Originally Posted by gret View Post
    Hi

would just like to ask is it possible to make the C# program that can capture a barcode from a barcoder reader on something like an IC and search throught the database to determine is the person is a register user or new user....

I would be using the windows application or whatever it is called.... can't remember lol
    Hi,

read this article which definitely can be help you generate and barcode programmatically using C#.
    http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadF...rcode-library/

hope it makes sense.
    regards.

Quote Originally Posted by gret View Post
    Hi

Hi,

refer this article on C#Corner which definitely helps me generate and read barcode programmatically using C#.
    http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadF...rcode-library/

hope it makes sense.
    regards.