Merry Christmas & Happy New Year
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

dlorde is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Christmas is over, there's nothing on the TV (again), and although I am the proud owner of two more books to read (thanks to my sister), there's nothing more refreshing than a bracing dip into the icy waters of the internet - so I decided to wallow in nostalgia and poke my sticky finger back into the gloop that is this glistening forum.

On the other hand, if it pops up another advert window and drags me onto it to try and sell me some product I'm not remotely interested in, I won't stay long... just for a moment, I was thinking that the adverts weren't as bad as I remembered. You gotta admire the ingenuity of these people, still finding new ways to make me tear my hair out. Luckily, I have a decent head of hair - for now.

Let's give a big welcome to 2006, and hope that it's a better year for everyone, especially the people who've had a really bad time in 2005.

Best wishes for a happy and prosperous year!

The computer programmer ... is a creator of universes for which he alone is the lawgiver ... universes of virtually unlimited complexity can be created in the form of computer programs. Moreover ... systems so formulated and elaborated act out their programmed scripts. They compliantly obey their laws and vividly exhibit their obedient behavior. No playwright, no stage director, no emperor, however powerful, has ever exercised such absolute authority to arrange a stage or a field of battle and to command such unswervingly dutiful actors or troops...
    J. Weizenbaum
    Please use [CODE]...your code here...[/CODE] tags when posting code. If you get an error, please post the full error message and stack trace, if present.

dlorde is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Re: Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Wow, all the greetings have been drowned out by the rustling of tumbleweeds in the chill wind blowing through this forum... have all the friendly contributors fled in despair?

Ouch - another popup for a survey questionnaire... Gah! How many ways are there to say no thanks?

Ah well, maybe see you next year...

When a programming language is created that allows programmers to program in simple English, it will be discovered that programmers cannot speak English...
    Anon.
    Please use [CODE]...your code here...[/CODE] tags when posting code. If you get an error, please post the full error message and stack trace, if present.

Re: Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

When all perishes.. I remain...

When all fled in despair.. I was trying repair...

What? The Megabytes containing garbage called the bad memories of 2005.. in welcome of 2006..

Wish you all a very happy new year.. 2006 Cheers...