CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: My employee Time monitoring program

Quote Originally Posted by GremlinSA
    No problem ... Just it's eisier to point you to threads where these things have been discussed already rather than trying to explain things again... Also was in a bit of a rush when posting that answer..

Another thread worth reading is this one.

Gremmy...
    Would you be willing to assist me in actually creating this application
    if so that would be greatly appreciated

thanks
    VBProgrammer2006

Quote Originally Posted by VBprogrammer2006
    Would you be willing to assist me in actually creating this application
    if so that would be greatly appreciated

thanks
    VBProgrammer2006
    I would not mind helping you with some of the coding..
    Articles VB6 : Break the 2G limit - Animation 1, 2 VB.NET : 2005/8 : Moving Images , Animation 1 , 2 , 3 , User Controls
    WPF Articles : 3D Animation 1 , 2 , 3
    Code snips: VB6 Hex Edit, IP Chat, Copy Prot., Crop, Zoom : .NET IP Chat (V4), Adv. ContextMenus, click Hotspot, Scroll Controls
    Find me in ASP.NET., VB6., VB.NET , Writing Articles, My Genealogy, Forum
    All VS.NET: posts refer to VS.NET 2008 (Pro) unless otherwise stated.

Quote Originally Posted by GremlinSA
    I would not mind helping you with some of the coding..
    its the same with me. But I think you have to do the work, we can only assist you in coming out of troubles. And thats where I told you, be sure not to work for less then 1 Dollar / hour.

Additional: I never ,never again want to see code sausage, which is created not using code tags. So first rule if you want help by me is:
    USE CODE TAGS and bring your code in a readable form using spaces in the left of the code so that logical brackets could be seen easily. Got me ?
    And: Answer Questions. I have three times now requested if the btnLogin problem is handled now, I'm still there without any answer. !!
    Jonny Poet

To be Alive is depending on the willingsness to help others and also to permit others to help you. So lets be alive. !
    Using Code Tags makes the difference: Code is easier to read, so its easier to help. Do it like this: [CODE] Put Your Code here [/code]
    If anyone felt he has got help, show it in rating the post.
    Also dont forget to set a post which is fully answered to 'resolved'. For more details look to FAQ's about Forum Usage. BTW I'm using Framework 3.5 and you ?
    My latest articles :
    Creating a Dockable Panel-Controlmanager Using C#, Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7

Yes I did get the btnlogin problem fixed thanks for your help in advance

And how do I create code tags? Duh

thanks
    VBProgrammer2006

And how do I create code tags? Duh

thanks
    VBProgrammer2006
    start by putting [code] at the begining of your code block, then end the code block with [/code]. you can also use [quote=User] [/quote] to do quick quotes..
    Articles VB6 : Break the 2G limit - Animation 1, 2 VB.NET : 2005/8 : Moving Images , Animation 1 , 2 , 3 , User Controls
    Code snips: VB6 Hex Edit, IP Chat, Copy Prot., Crop, Zoom : .NET IP Chat (V4), Adv. ContextMenus, click Hotspot, Scroll Controls

Yes I did get the btnlogin problem fixed ...
    VBProgrammer2006
    Thanks for info.
    Jonny Poet

To be Alive is depending on the willingsness to help others and also to permit others to help you. So lets be alive. !
    Using Code Tags makes the difference: Code is easier to read, so its easier to help. Do it like this: [CODE] Put Your Code here [/code]
    Also dont forget to set a post which is fully answered to 'resolved'. For more details look to FAQ's about Forum Usage. BTW I'm using Framework 3.5 and you ?
    My latest articles :
    Creating a Dockable Panel-Controlmanager Using C#, Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7

How would I setup serial number security on this program so that when it is installed on a system the user must enter a serial number

I need to be able to randomize the serial numbers
    I also need to be able to change the serial number at the end of the specified time of use ( when the license exprires)
    When they renew the app they need to be issued a new serial number to reactivate the program.

please send code examples *it helps to see what it is supposed to look like*

Please Help

thanks
    VBProgrammer2006

How would I setup serial number security on this program so that when it is installed on a system the user must enter a serial number
    See the following posts
    http://www.codeguru.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1267651

http://www.codeguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365084

Both are descussing that theme. In one of the post Gremlin gives an examplefile. Maybe the full discussion and all hints are useful for u. Then do a soultion as you like and for diverse problems tell what problems you have and we will help you out. But we are basically nor doing the homework of others. And dont forget in all your posts use codetags.
    Jonny Poet

My latest articles :

Question Re: My employee Time monitoring program

Is it posible to set time limits on use of the program (ex: 365 days)
    and then force to repurchase (date has to be able to be changed by LGCC)

Please help
    If posible please leave examples or links to examples to posts that will help

thanks
    VBProgrammer2006

Is it posible to set time limits on use of the program (ex: 365 days)
    and then force to repurchase (date has to be able to be changed by LGCC)

Please help
    If posible please leave examples or links to examples to posts that will help

thanks
    VBProgrammer2006
    If you decide to use a method simular to this one that JonnyP pointed out before. In the unlocking key you could include an Expiry date and checksum (To make sure they cant fool with the key). The key is saved in the registry, and can be checked at every application startup.

If the program has expired you could then erase the Key from the registry, and disable the program.. Keeping track of entered keys can also help to prevent the user from turning back the date on the system and entering the old Key ( I use this method for a application that no longer has support and key updates.. )

There are a number of methods to do this.. but if your looking for one where the user cannot muck around with it. the date entry must be encrypted. The checksum must be part of the key and not a seperate entry.
    (Another method I used to gain access to a application that allowed you to enter a date and 4 digit validation number.. took me 2 hours to find a validation code for the date 2020/12/31 <--- this is a small hobby of mine )

Gremmy..

Regarding Code Example: I can only describe the principles as Gremmy now also described, but I cannot give you examples, its Code created by ma son and prof used so I'm not allowed to show any code or codepart because of copyright reasons. I know its a lot of work to go over that, but it has to be done if you ever want to get out some money by your application. But I think better to know how this can basically be done than to have nothing.
    Jonny Poet

My latest articles :

A totally different question:

Is it posible to create a rutine for this application that will allow the admin to set it up over the internet to connect different locations together with One Server end application at say head office and just the client installations at the remote locations and then for the remote client, when they log into the system it then connects that location to the server end of the application that is located at head office

How hard would that be to create
    Is it posible to send examples

thanks
    waiting for reply

VBProgrammer2006

Yes.. it is posible to do remote (Over the Net) connections but bearing in mind that your connections pass through Firewalls and over proxy servers as well. The firewalls will have to be setup to accept connetions to the ports you use for this communication. The proxy servers will have to be setup to translate/ forward the packets across the lan/wan..

Idealy you would use a HTTP request to bypass some of these problems.. but that leaves a few security holes in the Application. Also HTTP is more of a one way request system. there are methods for full two way communication (Cookies for example), but i'm not too familiar with them, or the security issues around them.. But i do know they need to be initiated by the client.

Also the Server needs to be open to the net, not behind a Proxy or NAT (Network Address Translator). this is a requirment, Most proxy's and NAT's have one way connection requests.. Internal only.. External requests are normaly regected for security issues.. (Mostly to prevent system hacking).

But if your planning to deploy on a internal Lan look at this small application i wrong some time ago.

It uses the Winsock control with a simple UDP connection to connect several computers on a Subnet together for a 'Chat'.. It uses it's own protocol and can send files via TCP/IP from user to user.

If you got access to a network. run the aplication on two PC's. It will automaticaly pick up the network address and Pc name, You might have to click login, but else it will pickup any users running it and list them.

This can give you an idea how to connect the Server Client Applications together..

Have fun and Enjoy..

Gremmy...

PS. This is another of those unfinished projects of mine... its still a bit buggy, and a little tempramental. so dont be too suprised if a uer pops up twice or messages get duplicated or lost, but this only realy happens when the network is very busy, or the pc is very slow..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Do I impliment something like this right into my program or would this run as a seperate application?

VBProgrammer2006

Do I impliment something like this right into my program or would this run as a seperate application?
    I would recomend writing the Tcp/ip as a seperate ActiveX dll and making calls to it from within your application.. Just makes for easier debugging.. but otherwise it would be part of the program and not a seperate application..

Gremmy...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast