CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: My employee Time monitoring program

How would I go about coding for the connection from this application to the SQL Server (for database) and from this application to Excel (For exporting the information from the database) and then being able to incorperate the data that is going to be recieved from the remote locations

please help *If you have examples that would help emencely*

thanks

Waiting for reply
    VBProgrammer2006

In one of my previous posts i posted links to some threads that discuss these items, and also have a few code snips you could use.. Another thing you can try is a Search on CG for any of the following keywords. SQL, Connect, ADO, DAO, Select to get more info about connecting to a SQL server..

Gremmy..
    Articles VB6 : Break the 2G limit - Animation 1, 2 VB.NET : 2005/8 : Moving Images , Animation 1 , 2 , 3 , User Controls
    WPF Articles : 3D Animation 1 , 2 , 3
    Code snips: VB6 Hex Edit, IP Chat, Copy Prot., Crop, Zoom : .NET IP Chat (V4), Adv. ContextMenus, click Hotspot, Scroll Controls
    Find me in ASP.NET., VB6., VB.NET , Writing Articles, My Genealogy, Forum
    All VS.NET: posts refer to VS.NET 2008 (Pro) unless otherwise stated.

Quote Originally Posted by GremlinSA
    In one of my previous posts i posted links to some threads that discuss these items, and also have a few code snips you could use.. Another thing you can try is a Search on CG for any of the following keywords. SQL, Connect, ADO, DAO, Select to get more info about connecting to a SQL server..

Gremmy..

Gremmy

I have looked through some (not all) of the posts and have not been able to locate the appropriate post for what I am requesting is there any way that you would know exactly what post it was and be able to send me the corresponding link(s).

sorry for the inconvience

Thanks
    VBProgrammer2006

I'm getting ready to go to bed .. so for now... Look through this search for some threads to follow...
    Articles VB6 : Break the 2G limit - Animation 1, 2 VB.NET : 2005/8 : Moving Images , Animation 1 , 2 , 3 , User Controls
    Code snips: VB6 Hex Edit, IP Chat, Copy Prot., Crop, Zoom : .NET IP Chat (V4), Adv. ContextMenus, click Hotspot, Scroll Controls

I'm getting ready to go to bed .. so for now... Look through this search for some threads to follow...

Here is the reply that I recieved when I went to the webpage that you had left the link for. Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms

Sorry

VBProgrammer2006

Quote Originally Posted by VBprogrammer2006
    Here is the reply that I recieved when I went to the webpage that you had left the link for. Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms

Sorry

VBProgrammer2006
    Oopps duno what happened with the search.. but here are a few threads to follow from that search..
    Using ADODB here andhere
    Using a recordset
    Using the fields properties.

These should get you going...

Gremmy...

Does anyone know of any ways to enhance this program with a copy restriction (so that the CD can not be duplicated at all(When a copy is attempted it should pop up a message box saying access denied))

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

thanks
    VBProgrammer2006

Nope. You can't copy protect a CD, but you can have a registration scheme that requires a valid key before the app will run, or at least run with full features.
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Does anyone know of any ways to enhance this program with a copy restriction (so that the CD can not be duplicated at all(When a copy is attempted it should pop up a message box saying access denied))

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

thanks
    VBProgrammer2006
    Theres a thread on that as well... I've added a link to it on my Sig Line..

enjoy...

Gremmy.....

Ps. your the Third person this last week asking about copy protection...

Reading that previous thread, Can't you just write the value to an online database where the user has no access. record the number of times executed and there HDD serial and match it against the allowed serials when the user registers the product, no registration the program wont run either. If they dont allow the connection to the database then the program will end.

Rich

Theres a thread on that as well... I've added a link to it on my Sig Line..

enjoy...

Gremmy.....

Ps. your the Third person this last week asking about copy protection...

Is it posable for you to post this link as the link was not avaliable in your reply to my request

thanks Gremmy

VBProgrammer2006

PS: Do you know of a way that I would be able to capture video off of web cams and send it to a dedicated video capturing server
    if so any suggestions on how to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated

Thanks again

looking forword to your reply

This one : Copy/ Install Protection..

You can read the rest of the thread to see what we were getting at...

Gremmy

This one : Copy/ Install Protection..

You can read the rest of the thread to see what we were getting at...

Gremmy
    Thanks, now I remember you linking me to that thread earlier in our previous conversations. I don't know what I was thinking, sorry for acting so dumb that was not intentional.

but if you have any other suggestions on what I would be able to do for the video capturing delema that would be greatly appreciated

thanks
    VBProgrammer2006

Thanks, now I remember you linking me to that thread earlier in our previous conversations. I don't know what I was thinking, sorry for acting so dumb that was not intentional.

but if you have any other suggestions on what I would be able to do for the video capturing delema that would be greatly appreciated

thanks
    VBProgrammer2006
    Not a problem..

Even i forget sometimes...

With the video capturing, unfortunately i have very little experiance with it... (Actualy with Video i'm pretty good, Our security camera's are all linked to seperate channels on the TV's (All 4 in the House...) but no video link to the PC.... sorry..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123