CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Ole Client and Server Problem

Hi Gurus,

I am new to OLE Concepts, hope to get some guidance here...

I have an UserDefined or usercreated EditCtrl, this editctrl is created by inheriting the CEditView to myown view. And this is an separate EXE.

Now in my application I am using this EditCtrl by placing this EditCtrl on the View, when i double click the editctrl and try to change the font in this Edit Ctrl its getting reflected and the size of the EditCtrl is also increasing accordingly. Now if I double click the ctrl and does NO changes to the text like increasing the font or editing the text and all. The size of the ctrl is also getting increased and at some point of time the ctrl size is becoming very large.

I am handling the changes to the editctrl in OnChange(OLE_NOTIFICATION nCode, DWORD dwParam) and checking the stateof the COleClientItem, and accordingly i am monitoring the change in size with the IsInPlaceActive() function.

Can anyone here suggest me how to check in the EditCtrl whether any text as been added or font size has been changed. Because the client side where we insert this editctrl should come to know whether the text as been added or font size as been changed so then only the size of the EditCtrl should increase.

Or how do i do data exchange between the OleServer and OleClient, if in case i handle the GetBufferLength() function in the EditCtrl and check the data length if its varying then communiate to client to cahnge the size of the Ctrl in the Client or else not to change.

Hope I am clear with the problem if not i can write more on it again..

Thanks in advance
    venky
    Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them.--Albert Einstein.

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute.THAT'S Relativity --Albert Einstein

Re: Ole Client and Server Problem

Any suggestions on this....shall be of great appreciation...
    Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them.--Albert Einstein.

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute.THAT'S Relativity --Albert Einstein