CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Assemblies!?!?

Assemblies!?!?

Hello Gurus,

I'm writing a small game platform which offers API (Interfaces) to be implemented by others. Once one implements the interfaces he can load his game to the platform.

What i would like to do is to dynamically load (at runtime) those implemented interfaces. I would like the implementor to put his imeplementation in a subdirectory of my platform and the platform to load that game at runtime.

Should i use private assemblies for that? What is the right technology i should use?

I'm not looking for a way to monitor the directory; What i'm looking for is just the way to load a class that implements one of my interfaces and activate its methods, all done in runtime.

As you can see from my question, i'm new to C# so please if you can point me to the right direction....

Thanks.

Re: Assemblies!?!?

Should i use private assemblies for that?
    Yes.

And Yes- U are in right direction

Best regards,
    Krzemo.

PS: What u want to implement is the plugin interface. If U google for it U will find many ready to use solutions.

You can use the Assembly.LoadFile method to load an assembly at run-time using a path.
    You can use reflection (Assembly.GetTypes for example) to get all the types in that assembly and find out which implement the interface you need.

Thanks, guys.

I use the private assemblies and it works fine.

Thanks.