• 30-35

1 2.38%
  • >35

1 2.38%
  • Not married as yet

25 59.52%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Re: Age of marriage for techies

10 to 15 Lac (1 Million to 1.5 million rupees) is a lot of money. An average middle class marriage in a non-metro city should cost around 300K to 400K rupees (on each side).

I think I read somewhere that there are certain laws regarding limiting the expenditure on marriage in some places. Cant remember where.

There should be similar limits in India as well. For a person who can afford, it is fine, but some people even take loans and mortgage property to lavishly spend on weddings. This, I think is not right.

This is my personal opinion and I may be wrong!
    Sarve Bhavantu Sukheenah,
    Sarve Santu Niramayah,
    Sarve Bhadrani Pashyantu,
    Ma Kashchit dukh bhag bhavet.

does weddings have to that expensive??
    *** Con Tu Adios, Te Llevas, Mi Corazon***

Traveling Encoder...

Quote Originally Posted by chmanish
    ... For a person who can afford, it is fine, but some people even take loans and mortgage property to lavishly spend on weddings. This, I think is not right.
    I agree. I guess its common (anywhere in the world) to want the best on that special day. Sometimes (or maybe most of the time), people show that through quantity/expense. But IMHO, what's important is what the occasion signifies.
    A few friendly reminders:
    * Use Code Tags when posting code.
    * Rate good replies/post by clicking "Rate this Post" and leaving a positive feedback.
    * Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler. -- Albert Einstein

10 to 15 Lac (1 Million to 1.5 million rupees) is a lot of money. An average middle class marriage in a non-metro city should cost around 300K to 400K rupees (on each side).

I think I read somewhere that there are certain laws regarding limiting the expenditure on marriage in some places. Cant remember where.

There should be similar limits in India as well. For a person who can afford, it is fine, but some people even take loans and mortgage property to lavishly spend on weddings. This, I think is not right.

This is my personal opinion and I may be wrong!
    Do your celebrations include meat products? I have worked with Indians once (in Japan ) and I found out that most of them don't eat meat (because of religion) and they even don't like the smell of it. Some eat chicken though.
    /** The only stupid question is the one you never ask. */

In most christian marriages, there will definitly be meat products. Mostly it will be biriany of some sort.
    Even if our suggestions didn't help, please post the answer once you find it. We took the effort to help you, please return it to others.

* While posting code sections please use CODE tags
    * Please check the codeguru FAQ and do a little search to see if your question have been answered before.
    * Like a post, Rate The Post
    * I blog: Network programming, Bible

I do all things thru CHRIST who strengthens me

my friend nicole married years ago and now looking for a chance to divorce. he is in his thirties
    MY tv is not bilingual, has no button to switch the language, please make them all in English at night because some of us don't understand , thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevok
    Do your celebrations include meat products? I have worked with Indians once (in Japan ) and I found out that most of them don't eat meat (because of religion) and they even don't like the smell of it. Some eat chicken though.
    Well that depends on community to community. South Indians are mostly vegetarian (not all). Hindus do not eat beef, muslims do not eat pork, some eat meat but do not include it in marriage ceremonies as it is considered holy ritual and eating meat is generally condsidered aasuri (deamonic) act.

I am a deamon. I love animal. They are so tasty!
    Sarve Bhavantu Sukheenah,
    Sarve Santu Niramayah,
    Sarve Bhadrani Pashyantu,
    Ma Kashchit dukh bhag bhavet.

Hmmm, mmmm...I don't understand

hehe, I like all kinds of meat..
    MY tv is not bilingual, has no button to switch the language, please make them all in English at night because some of us don't understand , thank you

My dad spent $35K on my sister's wedding reception, about 15 years ago. It was the first time I'd ever seen him drunk! It was nice, but I doubt it was necessary. They are still married with 4 kids. He is doing ok, but is out some change.
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

If there is any kind of boozing in the party, then there is no bar for the money you can/need to spend. In our marriages, there is no drink...so the party expense tend to stay that level.
    Even if our suggestions didn't help, please post the answer once you find it. We took the effort to help you, please return it to others.

* While posting code sections please use CODE tags
    * Please check the codeguru FAQ and do a little search to see if your question have been answered before.
    * Like a post, Rate The Post
    * I blog: Network programming, Bible

I do all things thru CHRIST who strengthens me

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrang
    Hmmm, mmmm...I don't understand

hehe, I like all kinds of meat..
    it goes with the culture and the religion
    *** Con Tu Adios, Te Llevas, Mi Corazon***

Traveling Encoder...

Well, open bar for 8 hours for 400+ people add up. Much less 4' ice sculptures as they melted to the size of ice cubes. He was there at 10am, and the last guests left at around 2am. He signed the check about 1/2 hour later. We drove him home.
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!

Dg, I think you need some rest.

// Kidding.
    A few friendly reminders:
    * Use Code Tags when posting code.
    * Rate good replies/post by clicking "Rate this Post" and leaving a positive feedback.
    * Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler. -- Albert Einstein

Can you drive ?

Well that depends on community to community. South Indians are mostly vegetarian (not all). Hindus do not eat beef, muslims do not eat pork, some eat meat but do not include it in marriage ceremonies as it is considered holy ritual and eating meat is generally condsidered aasuri (deamonic) act.

I am a deamon. I love animal. They are so tasty!
    So that's why. Thnks for the info chmanish
    /** The only stupid question is the one you never ask. */

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast