CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Arrow page footer only on first page

Hi,

Here is my problem :

I want to print the page footer only on the first page. I get success out of it but not totally.

With the suppress.... it supress on the following pages but the section is not filled by the detail section... so I got this huge big blank section...

In my case... It's an invoice that usually takes some pages... On the first page I wanna have a section to return with the check that gives information... If you have any other way I could do it or have a solution to that problem, please let me know.

The version I use is 8.5. if there is a solution in another version, dont be shy to let me know.
    Last edited by sylprog; March 7th, 2006 at 09:19 AM.

Re: page footer only on first page

Go into the Crystal Reports section expert and click the formula icon next to the suppress option. Then enter the following formula:

PageNumber<>1

That doesnt work totally. The page footer is showing on the first page. That's fine. On the second page, it's not showing but the space planned for the page footer is still taken so I get a big blank for the page footer. So the supress just make the texts of the page footer invisible. What I want is the suppress section to be gone on page 2 and up and the detail section to grow on these pages to fill the page. I just dont want blank space, I also want that space to be filled.

You should do this in section export of footer and not on the object
    Madhivanan

Failing to plan is Planning to fail

I am also having the same problem.
    I wrote the formula PageNumber <> 1 next to the suppress check box
    in the page footer. But still getting the huge white space.

Vijay.

I have the same problem: the space crystal reserves for the page footer section even when conditionally suppressed. I've tried the option reserve minimum page footer in the section expert. I've also tried underlay following sections, but until now i haven't seen a solution for this problem.

go to pagesetup of crystal report and check the adjuct automatically check box in the file menu.

Thanks,
    Vidu.

Hello Vidubhushan,

I have exactly the same problem as Sylprog. Unfortunately, your advise with page setup did not help me.
    Would you be able to help me out?

Thank you a lot,
    Martin

I think there is no such option to accomplish this. You can hide the Page Footer after first page but its space can not be used by details as application has spared the space for it and on run time we are suppressing it.

If there is any option please let me know as well.
    If this post is helpful, then, Rate this Post.