CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Is is there any one whom I could meet??

Thanks for the map, and the numbers...

I'll try to be there on time tomorrow... But, given the distances involved, and it being a working day - I request you both to give me some leeway... (As Guido already knows... Just like last time. )

Looking forward to this (very first?) Codeguru Stammtisch.

Ciao,
    Sid!

Thanks, guys - we really spent a lovely evening together. As always, it has been a great pleasure to meet other CodeGurus offline (actually, MrBeans has been the first non-MVP CG member I've met in real life)!

Sid is still busy driving MrBeans home, so I'll take advantage of my lead to post the first pictures:
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Update: Sid just SMS'd me that he has safely dropped MrBeans and is now back on his way home (should be about a 60 minutes drive at this hour). Have a good trip, Sid!
    Although we have spent the evening at a local pub with a famous micro-brewery serving a very good local, fresh and unfiltered beer, unfortunately, MrBeans just tasted one of them, and, not being accustomed to drinking beer at all, immediately switched to tea and soft drinks. Sid, OTOH, who apparently appreciates tasting a good beer, had to drive home, a fact that seriously limited his tasting opportunities (so he restricted himself to three small glasses of beer). Gosh, I'm so glad to be living in the center of Stuttgart (no limitations) and having a wife and a daughter who came to fetch me and meet Sid and MrBeans on the occasion at this hour.
    Again, we've spent a lovely evening together - looking forward to the next time!

Another update: Sid just sent me a message that he has safely reached home. Fine, now I can put my mind at a rest and quietly start my working day... Have a good night, everyone!

Thumbs up Account of a nice evening spent at Stuttgart...

Dear All,

(It looks like my fellow MVP has started his day with a healthy consumption of about 10 glasses of beer... )

The star of the evening was - "MrBeans". As correctly said above - this is the first time that we meet a non-MVP CG member in person (I am not counting people who knew me before they signed up!).

Know what? MrBeans is actually happy in Germany (save for complaints about the weather) - here he has access to Codeguru - something that is a forbidden luxury in where he comes from!

Yes, it was a lovely evening... Set in a comfortable German Pub... With an excellent brew (Good choice of place, Guido! )...And, like one might expect - a lot of conversation was focussed on our experiences in CG!

As many of you may know... This is the second time we (Guido and I) meet. Like always, it is a privilege to listen to his perspective and to his interesting experiences. Additionally, today we had the pleasure of meeting Guido's wife and daughter too. They are all very nice people and he is fortunate to have built such a multi-cultural and open-minded family. Oh, to put things in correct perspective - This well-deserved fortune is one of his own making.

I am too sleepy to be any more elaborate... So, to wrap things up simply... I meet Guido in 2 weeks in Munich, and am looking forward to it.

MrBeans - Full marks to you for taking this intiative.
    It was good to meet you in person and to know you! Keep in touch.

I am sure that we will all meet again.

Ciao,
    Sid!

PS: I left my camera in the car... So, those photos come later.
    Last edited by Siddhartha; March 25th, 2006 at 05:52 AM.

Nice pictures. Seems that you had a great time.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

Nice pictures guys! Did you add it to the Members photo album¿

BTW. Me and Gremmy almost met, but unfortunately circumstances didn't allow it

Nice pics, seems like you guys had a great time.

I envy you guys.

Did you add it to the Members photo album¿
    I took the liberty of adding them here.
    Last edited by cilu; March 25th, 2006 at 05:34 AM.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

nice pics guyz
    - Sreehari
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    " Everybody is sent to Earth on a purpose. I am so Lagging behind that i won't die." – Calvin

Re: Account of a nice evening spent at Stuttgart...

Quote Originally Posted by Siddhartha
    The star of the evening was - "MrBeans". Know what? MrBeans is actually happy in Germany (save for complaints about the weather)...And, like one might expect - a lot of conversation was focussed on our experiences in CG!
    Cheers people... you had so much fun... But we need some inside story, Sid.. some more chit chat stuff... and not just "a lot of conver..." Share some more...

I hope you guys did not worry MrBeans a lot .. because his looks do reflect that a bit

(It looks like my fellow MVP has started his day with a healthy consumption of about 10 glasses of beer... )
    Sid, when using binary literals, shouldn't you be flagging them as such? Something like: "about 102 glasses of beer"...

So, to wrap things up simply... I meet Guido in 2 weeks in Munich, and am looking forward to it.
    So am I!

I am sure that we will all meet again.
    Dito. How about scheduling a meeting for when Marius comes to Germany? (Although I suspect that, by that time, it won't help much in increasing the count of non-MVP CodeGurus met offline... )
    Last edited by gstercken; March 25th, 2006 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gstercken
    (Although I suspect that, by that time, it won't help much in increasing the count of non-MVP CodeGurus met offline... )
    That would be great news... Best wishes to Cilu...

Sid, when using binary literals, shouldn't you be flagging them as such? Something like: "about 102 glasses of beer"...
    Oh yes, of course... I forgot literals!

So, it was - 10hex

How about scheduling a meeting for when Marius comes to Germany?
    Good idea... He will be in FRA over the first weekend of May... I recommend that we wait for the itinerary to be confirmed on his end.

Or... For a start - Weekend or Weekday?
    (Although I suspect that, by that time, it won't help much in increasing the count of non-MVP CodeGurus met offline... )
    Hmm... We can keep this meet open to Codegurus in / around Frankfurt who would like to attend!
    (Though, I am not sure if this will change the numbers... )

Quote Originally Posted by exterminator
    But we need some inside story, Sid.. some more chit chat stuff... and not just "a lot of conver..." Share some more...
    Ha! Want to participate in the offline gossip? Come to the meetings!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast