CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Article updates online?

I was just wondering, what is the process for updating my article?

I last updated it a year ago, and need to desperately touch-up the article, and upload new source, because contrary to the mini-forum on the article, I am getting tons of downloads and correspondence.

Where do I start?

Re: Article updates online?

On the front page of codeguru (www.Codeguru.com) is a link to your Profile Page. Go to that page. On the upper right side of that page will be a button/link to My Articles. This only shows if you have submitted an article or created an article in the past.

Click that button. This will present a list of all your articles that have been submitted or that are being worked on.

You can select to edit any live articles and it will create a copy for you to do edits on. Once you have made your edits, click one of the Save buttons to save your changes.

Finally, click the button for submitting the article update for publication. That will put the update into the review queue. Updates are usually posted to the live site within 2 business days (or sooner).

Brad!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones,
    Yowza Publishing
    LotsOfSoftware, LLC

Aah, it is broke on my side, my profile no longer contains the http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/i-n/netw...cle.php/c5401/ project, I remember a FAQ for that, I will look it up so long....

Can you link me back up with my article please, I think this occured some time ago ..."around the great mailserver crash" /password reset incident.

I am trying to get it updated, because my e-mail is moving to hotmail, do you need anything else from me, thanks a million

Conrad,

Your article was written before the newest site redesigne (2003), so it was in a legacy account. We've merged this with your current ID, so you should now be able to access your article from your profile.

Brad!
    Brad! Jones,
    Yowza Publishing
    LotsOfSoftware, LLC

Thumbs up Re: Article updates online?

Bonus

It's all working now. I was considdering getting the article nuked, and moving elsewhere. But then I remembered why I chose codeguru as a site initially; simple, no-frills, fast and all about friendly environment.

Imagine it's hard work sitting behind a screen as an admin, but you made things much brighter for me in a flash today.

Thanks