CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: Happy Birthday gstercken

Happy Birthday 'G'

Quote Originally Posted by Mick
    Happy Birthday 'G'
    Hey, Big 'M'... Thanks! Your post made my day (rareness is a value by itself ). Deeply and honestly missing your presence here...

a very happy birthday, Guido!

Thanks again, everybody!

Now the really cool news have been three special guests, which managed to turn my birthday party into some kind of local CodeGuru summit: I was pleased and thrilled to have Marius (cilu), Sid and Ashwin (MrBeans) here with me!

Photographic evidence will follow shortly - I haven't taken any pictures myself (forgot to charge my camera), but my sister has, and she'll mail me the photos as soon as she returns home this evening. Sid has also taken lots of great pictures - I hope he will post some of them here or in the photo album thread. One of the best ones shows Marius with his (mostly female) fans just as he left the hotel where Sid and him stayed overnight, and where we had breakfast together the morning after the party (well, almost: Marius and Sid had breakfast together. We others arrived so late that breakfast time was over and there was almost nothing left... )

So thanks again - I really enjoyed my birthday party, and having three fellow CodeGuru members (and two fellow MVPs, BTW) among the guests made it truely special.

Happy Birthday, Guido!

Also from our president(s)
    Ovidiu
    "When in Rome, do as Romans do."
    My latest articles: https://codexpertro.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ovidiucucu
    Also from our president(s)
    Thanks, Ovidiu! But why are they clinking empty glasses? Marius didn't tell me about that Romanian practice - nor did he demonstrate it...
    What a pity that you haven't been here as well - to give some more weight to the Romanian fraction vs. the Indian one...

Quote Originally Posted by gstercken
    Thanks, Ovidiu! But why are they clinking empty glasses?
    The glasses were empty according to 2006 budget...
    Marius didn't tell me about that Romanian practice - nor did he demonstrate it...
    I always recognized that Marius is the best diplomat/ambassador....
    What a pity that you haven't been here as well - to give some more weight to the Romanian fraction vs. the Indian one...
    Nu au intrat zilele in sac (== there is still time...)
    Ovidiu

Yes, indeed this week-end was very special. It was really a great pleasure to meet Guido and his wonderful familly at his birthday party, as well as Sid and Ashwin/MrBeans. Thanks to the album thread it was so easy for us to recognize ourselves immediatelly. We had a really great time together, and I'm looking forward to meet them again.

Here is a pictures of the three of us (I don't have any with Ashwin too), I hope more will follow.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

Quote Originally Posted by cilu
    I hope more will follow.
    Beware, the space for attachments is limited.
    Ovidiu

Oh so lot many things happened that night and the next day after I left...ok I myself too have no pictures with me in it
    Fortunately Guido Sis took some photos else I would have had no proof that I was in the party that night

Also one other ironic thing that happened was that I met a good friend of Guido who is also working in Bosch and also in the same division.

I think Marius did not yet tell about the his amazing journey to Stuttgart...

I shall post the photos with me tommorow.

Thanks Guido for that arrangement and making us feel so special.
    Last edited by MrBeans; May 7th, 2006 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbeans
    I think Marius did not yet tell about the his amazing journey to Stuttgart...
    Oh, but you don't know what happened after I left Stuttgart.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

Hi Folks,

The party on Friday, the 5th May 2006 evening was too good for many reasons.

As you all know - this was Guido's 40th Birthday. Being a part of the celebrations felt wonderful, and that he invited us was a very touching gesture indeed. We got to spend quality time with the "Birthday Boy", his family and his pleasant, open-minded friend-circle.

The icing on the cake was the wonderfully laid table. Yes, the food was delicious. Guido's wife - Nathalie who is an excellent cook (and if people are to be believed - Guido as well) did full justice to this wonderful occasion. The cuisine was dominantly Italian and mouth-watering to say the least. Quality sparkling wine apart from Red / White wine added charm to the evening. Apart from relishing the Capreses, among other delicacies, I also did thoroughly enjoy Red Wine with fine French cheese - something that I am crazy about!

Another great thing about this evening was the guests / people whom Guido invited. Meeting Marius - someone whom we know online as "cilu" was great. Marius is a very cheerful person, and we spent time discussing many things - related to Software, Codeguru and otherwise. Of course, I did keep making the more than occasional mistake of addressing him as "cilu" - but, a good excuse is that my mistake is one of his making.

This was also the second time I meet Ashwin and it felt good to see him. Ashwin has been in Stuttgart for a few months now, and is enjoying his time. He however left very early (similar complaint with Marius) and we perhaps could have chatted a lot more. BTW, Ashwin is sporting an all new look that suits him. I'll leave it to the photographs and to you all to find the change.

Guido arranged for accommodations for Marius and me in a very nice Hotel. At 05:00 am, I was one of the last guests to leave (no, he didn't boot me out) the party and got some sleep at the hotel before it was time for our next meet over Breakfast. Marius who'd been sleeping a lot longer actually finished his breakfast around when I started mine. However, I did convince him to join me on a conversation - which was a pleasant one over many topics concerning Romania and software, culture, etc. Guido did a “Just In Time” entrance (I am very sure he is great at JIT) and the hotel kept the breakfast warm a little longer for him. His family joined us too, and we had another warm discussion.

Post breakfast, we dropped Marius to Stuttgart station, and into the right train ( ). Hope to see him in Germany again, soon. After this, Guido and family did show some of Stuttgart off to me, and at about 03:45 pm yesterday, I started my way back home. Pepped up in spirit and energy, I did my 120 kms. in 45 minutes.

This was a fantastic meeting. When I started with Codeguru, I never ever thought I would get to meet such nice people and interesting personalities. There are some things money can't buy...

Yes, I have many photographs taken with my camera; Cilu has posted one, others will soon follow.

Last but not the least - thank you Guido for the hospitality shown by your family and you, and for making this event happen.

Cheers,
    Sid!

PS: Here's a good-looking, proud dad showing a gift from his children off...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Siddhartha; May 7th, 2006 at 05:41 PM.

I guess it should have been a wonderful party. Happy birthday gstercken!
    Extreme situations require extreme measures

Ejaz is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Don't know why but the last picture of Gudio reminds me the famous character of "Night Rider" .... Micheal Knight (David Hasselhof)

better late than never... happy happy birthday ::
    *** Con Tu Adios, Te Llevas, Mi Corazon***

Traveling Encoder...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast