CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Hybrid View

Mfc project bug in VS2005

Hi,

In VS 2005 mfc project, after opening windows ( including resource windows ) , saving project, closing VS, and opening the project again, I see that all the windows are closed as I had never opened them before..
    I am not asking how it could possibly happen in release version, because I got used to similar faults in previous versions of VS. Instead, I am asking if this issue will be fixed in forthcoming SP1, so I could finally use the product I bought in reckless hope, thinking that "well, this time they must have got it right, so many development years passed, so much testing..." Well..

Re: Mfc project bug in VS2005

why has my posting been moved ? it was only relevant as a question about service pack 1 to Visual Studio Team. is it kind of censorship ? this way you can avoid embarassing VS Team in front of other people asking questions, i see. makes me wonder where your business in protecting them is, heh.

Probably because you are asking about a bug in Visual Studio itself.

One quick question, is the directory that your project is in read only? Are the .SUO and/or .NCB files read only?

Viggy
    Last edited by MrViggy; June 20th, 2006 at 02:15 PM. Reason: I'll get this right eventually... 3rd edit!

good question. yes it was read only. after unchecking every single folder and file, guess what ? no change :-(
    thank you for help anyway, you have made an effort unlike spin doctors from VS Team, who are here only to divert our attention from the simple fact that there is no serious and robust investment into mfc and native code any more.

Honestly, I haven't had any issues with Visual Studio. Other then the occasional C1001 - INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR compile issue. Which, I always find rather amusing (simple re-factoring of code has fixed this).

Viggy

i know there are not so many issues when you choose windows forms (.net ) project, but when it comes to mfc, it gets heavy.