dcsimg
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your worst nightmares?

Your worst nightmares?

I will start with mine...

In my dream, I am sitting in a very dark room (well not exactly black but greyish)... which is very big.. it is also sloping.. I see very huge, spherical, very dark objects/balls(now these are black) rolling down that slope.. and I am sitting or lying on their way... They seem to get bigger and bigger and then one suddenly rolls over me.. The dark objects are so black that you can easily spot their outline in the already darkish room...

I always get awake frightened due to this... though it happens rarely.. I mean may be just 5-10 times that I remember..

What's yours..?

Re: Your worst nightmares?

That sounds spooky Abhishek!

To be honet, I can't remember when last I could remember a dream. It's like finally when I get to bed, I pray, and the next morning I wonder if I even finished that prayer, or just fell asleep half way through..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    All my Articles
    Hannes

What's interesting about your dream Abhishek is that it's recurring...
    Are you saying you had the exact same dream for about 5-10 times? Wow...

My worst nightmare would have to be dreaming my mom was washed away by a huge flood that came out of nowhere, and feeling helpless, powerless to save her from it. I dreamt of that when I was about 9 or so. But I still remember that.
    A few friendly reminders:
    * Use Code Tags when posting code.
    * Rate good replies/post by clicking "Rate this Post" and leaving a positive feedback.
    * Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler. -- Albert Einstein

I have a recurring dream-moment-thingy of waking up groggily eyed in the middle of this street near my house really ****ed up off something and seeing headlights coming at me. That happens pretty frequently, it used to be a lot more when my alarm clock was going off and I'd still be dreaming, but it still happens.

I never remember anything but nightmares, I can never get a grip on dreams that don't scare me. Recently I had a nightmare which had the same character as one I had when I was like 7. Then, I was sliding down a huge fast purple sludge slide through a mad scientists lair, and a big black octopus spiky tentacly thingy is coming at me and I tried to scream but couldn't (can never hear myself in my dreams), and a few weeks ago, it was more like I was at my friends house which morphed into a mad scientists lair and I walked upstairs to something and it morphed into another one of my friend's attics and then the octopus thing was there.
    Windows XP, Visual Studio 2008, SVN

Yeah.. its spooky.. and yup its the same dream... not 10 though.. i would say 5 or something near to 5 times...

What do recurring dreams mean?

Calci - yeah.. you can't do many things in dreams .. hear your own voices, can't run.. even if you run and try to run very very fast.. you will find yourself crawling.. I can never run faster than about 5 kmph. Now, don't ask me if I have a speedometer to measure that.. I don't.. just a guess!

Cant call it the worst nightmare.. but I often see myself missing my bus/train. I always try to catch it by running behind but cant generate enough speed. (like Exterminator.. not more than 5 mph)
    Sarve Bhavantu Sukheenah,
    Sarve Santu Niramayah,
    Sarve Bhadrani Pashyantu,
    Ma Kashchit dukh bhag bhavet.

In one of my worst nightmares (excluding those coded by me... ), there is a small child that's started playing on the ground immediately behind a car (which I am driving?) just out of view for the driver who starts in a reverse gear.

I usually come out of this nightmare in cold sweat just before the inevitable happens.
    Last edited by Siddhartha; September 6th, 2006 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chmanish
    but I often see myself missing my bus/train. I always try to catch it by running behind...
    Is this a nightmare? If so, I was living it.

That was pretty much my daily life when in University - being late and chasing running buses and trains.
    (In Germany, unfortunately - this would make for a pointless activity as buses and trains have doors that close . Pretty inflexible . Also, buses can be caught only at bus-stops and not when idling at a red traffic signal... Again - )

Last edited by Siddhartha; September 6th, 2006 at 07:14 AM.

My worst nightmare was a game I play in my dream(like UT) and all of sudden everything starts becoming real all around, killing and blood and ***t....I throw away guns and start running, suddenly there is a deep valley and I fell..and keep felling on..never reached bottom...I freak out and woke up.

I thought this happened because I was playing a lot of games(esp. max payne) in that period.
    Last edited by Krishnaa; September 6th, 2006 at 07:23 AM.
    Regards,
    Ramkrishna Pawar

Quote Originally Posted by Siddhartha
    Also, buses can be caught only at bus-stops and not when idling at a red traffic signal... Again - )
    Why ?? Don't tell me you want to be chasing buses here in Germany where usaully vehicle speeds are over 80 Kmhpr. Also for your information...buses with doors are coming our country too...Bangalore Metro Transport is an example.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBeans
    Don't tell me you want to be chasing buses here in Germany where usaully vehicle speeds are over 80 Kmhpr.
    Not inside cities, Ashwin.

Buses in Bombay are faster within city limits... In fact, I have even seen them race against each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBeans
    buses with doors are coming our country too...Bangalore Metro Transport is an example.
    What?
    Bangalore is also going backwards...

The reasons why I stopped using public transport in Germany (namely: low thrill, poor in excitement, safe, secure, drab and boring activity) is going to be one stopping me in my home country too - is this what you are trying to tell?
    Last edited by Siddhartha; September 6th, 2006 at 08:29 AM.

Hey Guys!! This is nightmare/dream thread.. not for discussing public transport in various places

BTW, public transport is a nightmare in India.. but a real one..
    Sarve Bhavantu Sukheenah,
    Sarve Santu Niramayah,
    Sarve Bhadrani Pashyantu,
    Ma Kashchit dukh bhag bhavet.

Quote Originally Posted by chmanish
    BTW, public transport is a nightmare in India.. but a real one..
    Don't tag Bombay as India.. .. In Bombay it might be.. but not everywhere.. Delhi is much better.. with the metro reaching everywhere, it would just become fantastic..

Quote Originally Posted by exterminator
    Don't tag Bombay as India.. .. In Bombay it might be.. but not everywhere..
    Delhi...

Actually, yes - Delhi is a lot more excitement than Bombay. Highest concentration of corrupt politicians, unsafe streets at late nights (especially for women), worst adherence to traffic rules in India... Yes, Delhi Rulez.
    Quote Originally Posted by exterminator
    Delhi is much better.. with the metro reaching everywhere, it would just become fantastic..
    What is Bombay in comparison?

India's highest tax paying city?
    Just a financial cashcow being milked to install metros in Delhi?

Greatest concentration of hard-working people?
    Generates 35% of India's Gross National Product - now, what's that good for - it doesn't even have a metro!

(Okay, lets choose to forget the trains that run up and down the city every minute and carry more than 6 million passengers everyday - one half of all of what Indian Railways does!)

// Seriously though, I got a feeling that someone who hasn't visited Bombay made that statement...
    Last edited by Siddhartha; September 6th, 2006 at 09:25 AM.

Here I am ! ! ! !
    I have been away a long time, but now I back !!

I'll tell a thing about recurring dreams, well it's true for at least my strange mind. When I wake up saying "I had this dream already once" it is just because during the dream "something" told me that it is a recurring one.... but reflecting when awake I realize I never had that dream before.

For my worst nightmare.......

I was a little child sitting on my bed waiting to fall asleep, watching to the weak light of the abatjour I used against my fear of the dark.... suddenly an humanoid creature of glowing orange light appeared standing still on my room's door, watching me with its evil eyes... even the creature didn't have eyes, mouth, nor face....
    It watched me for some instants.... then disappeared.
    Last edited by Andrea_Rossini; September 6th, 2006 at 09:55 AM.
    ++++++++[>++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<++[>-----<-]>.<+++[>++++<-]>++.<+++[>----<-]>-.----.
    God does not play dice with the universe.(A.Einstein)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast