CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

getting the height of an image

I'm displaying images using ajax (photo album) and I'm setting the width of the image when I draw it to the form, and leaving the height 'unmentioned'. Normally, this allows the browser to auto-size the height based on the dimensions of the image, based on the specified width. I'm finding the width goes to what I specify it as, but the height does not auto-adjust when I used javascript, and I end up displaying a vertically stretched image the looks terrible.

anyone know how to get the dimensions of the image so I can adjust the height programmatically? Anyone have any other working methods I haven't thought of?
    David Meikle
    Quantum Unit Solutions, LLC
    www.quantumunit.com

Re: getting the height of an image

I don't know if it's possible to get the dimensions of an image like that. I think there may be another way though. Put all of those images (unformatted) in a div whose .style.display='none' so it is hidden. Once they are all there, grab the actual dimensions of each one and use a little math to calculate the new width and height and resize the image. When you are finished with that, reset .style.display='block' or whatever else you use to make it visible again.

Hope that helps.