CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Hybrid View

caught sqlexception ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded

I have a fairly easy application that has several database hits within the jsp via a bean which opens and closes connection. The only problem is when I constantly do a search (on my datawarehouse) with the same user I get "java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded" as an error. I can't find any documenation on it. Can anyone help?
    .i have nested loop the loop .Around 100 times the application hits the database correctly and than the error i hv done everything closing resultset etc etc..pl tell me what problem is this
    1]is this oracle problem??? if so how to overcome it
    2]If problem in my application what should i do to overcome the same
    or anything else???/ guide me...

dlorde is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Re: caught sqlexception ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded

The Oracle docs say:

ORA-01000
    Cause:
    A host language program attempted to open too many cursors. The initialization parameter OPEN_CURSORS determines the maximum number of cursors per user.

Acion: Modify the program to use fewer cursors. If this error occurs often, shut down Oracle, increase the value of OPEN_CURSORS, and then restart Oracle.

Dave

To email me remove '_spamjam' from my email address
    Please use [CODE]...your code here...[/CODE] tags when posting code. If you get an error, please post the full error message and stack trace, if present.