dcsimg
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Gandhigiri

Re: Gandhigiri

I believe that Gandhigiri is a very good concept for individuals to follow.

I definately believe that a person should be truthful and non-violent as an individual. I personally try not to get angry when some riksha wala turns the wrong way on the street. I am also not angry when an aunt in neighboorhood unknowingly throws water from her balcony which always wets my two-wheeler.

But I am angered when somebody violates my community, my society or my country. I am angred when my cousin is killed by so-called mujahiddins. His only crime was that he was posted in the Kashmir Valley with the security forces. I am angred when innocent people are killed by bombs kept in busy markets or trains.

I can forgive my neighboors and riksha wala.. But how do I forgive the enemy of my nation who are brain-washed to kill any body who is not their own faith!!

I belive that non-violence is a good practice and should be practiced. but it has a limit.. Beyond that non-violence is cowardice..
    Sarve Bhavantu Sukheenah,
    Sarve Santu Niramayah,
    Sarve Bhadrani Pashyantu,
    Ma Kashchit dukh bhag bhavet.

Ahem.. Ahem..

I do understand that responsiveness must be there from the other side else it looks like a waste. But there has got to be some patience... isn't that good?

Such people have and will always exist in any society... and they are not the ones that drive nations... They are very few handful people who cannot influence the growth of civilizations. I can understand you, it hurts though.. but the truth is - it has been and it is existent in all parts of the world. With good always remain evil else existence of good cannot be felt.

Quote Originally Posted by exterminator
    What would your trick be to some common socio-political or day-to-day life problems?
    I have always been a great fan of Bapu. I carry his picture around in my wallet. Yet, some of his teachings can cause trouble.

For example, Bapu taught us to always speak the truth. He was the the main inspiration for adopting "Satyameva Jayate" [ translation = truth always triumphs ] as the national motto. But, speaking the truth is not a good idea in some situations. So, if mrRee asks you about his armpit, say something nice.
    Last edited by Sahir; October 20th, 2006 at 02:08 AM.

cool man.