Hi,

I am looking to get some advice here from some XML pro's!

I'm a bit of a noob in using XML, and haven't touched XSD before.

I'm writing a little utility and I need to be able to save configuration data, the majority of it will be dynamic. Thing is, I don't even know where to start, the terminology for the methodologies I will need to use, etc.. Therefore, I need your help to tell me what I need to look into.

Here's what I am looking to do.

* Some of the data I am looking to store is static, easy enough. Things like a session ID, session name, session owner, date created, time created, etc...

* The rest (and majority) of the data is dynamic, I will need to be able to read and write to it at any time, and I don't know how many entries of the same type there will be.

The dynamic data stored will be file paths (selected from a treeview by a user). When ever a user selects a file, the path is written to the XML file, when deselected it is removed. The user can select any number of files, say from 0 to 10,000 files. Then for each file path stored, I want to store a couple of extra information variables with it, time user checked it, etc.

How would I store this? Can I create an XML schema to cope with maybe a dozen static variables, and then from 0 to 10,000 variables, all of the same type.

Thanks for your help!