CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

SQL Server 2005 Reports

I bought this book Professional SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services to help me work out some reports that I need to write. So far its helping me out pretty good by following the examples and stuff.

The thing is I have Visual Studio 2005 on my machine, but I installed it after I installed SQL Server 2005. And the SQL Server that I am working with to create my reports is actually a remote machine, so I have to get on a VPN and use Remote Admin to get to it, and use the Visual Studio 2005 on the remote machine to create the reports.

What I would like to do, is just get the Business Intelligence Data Services pieces of Visual Studio 2005 installed on my local machine so that I can just connect to the VPN and work that way instead of trying to Remotely Access the desktop on the other machine.

Can any of you tell me what I have to do to get the Business Intelligence Data Services components installed into my local Visual Studio 2005 ? They are already installed on the remote machine, but somehow they did not get installed on my local machine, and I can't seem to find the components on either the Visual Studio or the SQL Server installation(s).

Any ideas where I should look ?

Re: SQL Server 2005 Reports

Hi,

If you install the developers edition of SQL2005 onto you local machine (that you get with VS2005) this will install the Reporting services.

Hope this helps.