CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Enabling Unicode in the VB6 form controls

I have an existing VB6 app that need to be unicode enabled. And the form controls provided with VB6 show question marks when displaying text of other languages such as japanese.

Is there is a easy way to fix the issue.

I am aware of UniToolBox but I am checking whether there is a low cost and simpe solution before buying the UniToolBox. Also the use of UniToolBox will result in significant changes in my VB code.

So can you please let me know if there is another way?

Re: Enabling Unicode in the VB6 form controls

Thanks for the reply

"Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library" looks like what I have been looking for. I did some test runs with and looks working. But I will end up having to redesign my entire GUI with new controls.

Is there any tool out there which I can use to convert my existing VB projects controls to use the Unicode enabled controls in "Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library"

By the way there is one more thing I want to know.

I want to know "Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library" comes as a part of whici MS product. Becouse my APP is an Excel Add-In and if the above library come as a part of office or excel then I dont have to ship FM20.DLL with the setup of my application. If I have to ship it with my app then I have to find out its lisance information and redistribution issues,

I tried with google and MSDN but didnt had much luck. May be I am typing the wrong keywords.

Does any one know this information or some website that I can obtain this kind of details about the products and the libraries that comes with the products?
    Last edited by Rakhitha; November 8th, 2006 at 07:46 AM.

Here, full unicode support in both design mode and during runtime for VB6.
    Complete source code.

OptionButton

Checkbox

Label

CommandButton

File I/O

Clipboard I/O

Other routines for putting Unicode into the caption of any VB control with a hWnd,
    including forms.

Just download from here and you're all set:

http://motionlabresources.org/Unicod...0for%20VB6.zip

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Please don't open old threads. If you want to make a product announcement, make it in the Announcements forum.

Hey Arjay, sorry, didn't mean to offend. But it's not a product announcement. It's just code I'm giving away and it seemed that people looking for VB6 Unicode support might wind up here, so this is where I put it. *shrugs* If people don't want my free source code, that's okay too.

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by elroysullivan View Post
    Hey Arjay, sorry, didn't mean to offend. But it's not a product announcement. It's just code I'm giving away and it seemed that people looking for VB6 Unicode support might wind up here, so this is where I put it. *shrugs* If people don't want my free source code, that's okay too.
    Okay, make a product announcement or open a new thread. Still no reason to open an 8 year old thread. Btw, if you make a product announcement with VB6 in the title, folks will definitely see it.