CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Error on the web config file in asp.net 2.0

Dear Sir,
    I use the asp.net for the creating the website. I working in asp.net 1.1 but this time i use the asp.net 2.0 I cannot see the error message that what kind of error found.

the error is

Runtime Error
    Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

I change the web config file the customerror mode="Off" but this problem cannot be solve Please help me.

Re: Error on the web config file in asp.net 2.0

if you change it to "Off" and run it again you will get a differnet error message, one that shows you details of the problem, if you post that here someone will help you.

mcm
    rate my posts!
    mcm