I can't open dbf file
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: I can't open dbf file

I can't open dbf file

Guys, I have a dbf file and i cant open it to dbase IV or dbase V and also i cant import it to Access. I need to open this file for a little period of time and use it to visual basic 6.0

See attached file....

Thanks a lot guys....
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: I can't open dbf file

Hi,

I think your dbf file is probably damaged. You may need to replace your dbf file with a backup. If you don't have any backup, I think you can try some repair tools. I have used a tool called Advanced DBF Repair to repair my DBF database. It is a powerful tool and worked well for me, but it is not free, so can be used in the end. It's website is http://www.datanumen.com/adr/

Hope this is still useful.

Re: I can't open dbf file

Hello dear!
    Well I wanna tell you something. You know what, MS Access can easily support .dbf files of dbase IV and dbase V. And as you mentioned that you have .dbf file which can't be opened in dbase IV and dbase V and also you can't import that file in MS Access. I think your .dbf file is invalid, that's why neither you can open it nor you can import it to MS Access. You actually need to repair that file. But in that case if you have created a backup for that .dbf file then no need to worry about anything! Just restore your file from that backup. And if you have no backup file for that .dbf file then just repair the file. You can use this software to repair your .dbf file:
    http://www.sysinfotools.com/recovery...-recovery.html
    Or for better surety you can use its free demo version. After using this software you shall be able to open your .dbf file and also to import it to MS Access.
    Just check it!
    OK?
    Bye!