32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 25.00%
  • No

24 75.00%
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you a vegetarian.

Are you a vegetarian.

A Southampton University study says there is a link between high IQ and vegetarianism.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6180753.stm

Re: Are you a vegetarian.

I don't think Veg or NonVeg Gives some effect on your IQ. it's totally wrong helathy food is required to srvive a good life and for a good brain. and NonVeg and veg both contain good nutrition so According to this surve i don't like to vote .or want to vote for both.

Thx

Of course, correlation does not equal causation, and it's good that they cited that newspaper analogy, but this is some pretty solid evidence. I found this to be a stupid comment though:

>> But Dr Frankie Phillips, of the British Dietetic Association, said: "It is like the chicken and the egg. Do people become vegetarian because they have a very high IQ or is it just that they tend to be more aware of health issues?"

There is a statistically significant change in IQ, and what the hell does awareness have to do with the findings? Dumb.

>> I don't think Veg or NonVeg Gives some effect on your IQ. it's totally wrong helathy food is required to srvive a good life and for a good brain. and NonVeg and veg both contain good nutrition so According to this surve i don't like to vote .or want to vote for both.

Okay, this barely warrants being dissected but I'm going to do it anyways.

>> I don't think Veg or NonVeg Gives some effect on your IQ.

Do you enjoy ignoring statistically significant evidence

>> it's totally wrong helathy food is required to srvive a good life and for a good brain

>> and NonVeg and veg both contain good nutrition

Define healthy. I would really think that it is a fair assumption that the average 'vegetarian's diet would be more healthy than that of a non-vegetarian. 'Containing' does not equal 'consisting of'.

>> According to this surve i don't like to vote .or want to vote for both.

"I just read an article on abortion. It did not move me, and I want to vote for both."
    Windows XP, Visual Studio 2008, SVN

In terms of IQ it seems that I am vegetarian.
    In terms of eating habits, I am not. And I think that I will not be anytime soon.

Which option should I mark?

Cheers
    B+!
    'There is no cat' - A. Einstein

Use [code] [/code] tags!

Did YOU share your photo with us at CG Members photo gallery ?

I'm not a vegetarian, I couldn't live without steak and chicken and other meat. Plus since I work in a deli I would be too tempted to munch on some ham, mmm...

I do know many vegetarians and vegans, one of my closest friends is a vegan, I always ask him how he does it lol.

As to the link with IQ, I'm not sure because of
    There was no difference in IQ score between strict vegetarians and those who said they were vegetarian but who reported eating fish or chicken.
    Thats not really being a vegetarian.

The fact is humans need the protein that is in meat, we also need the nutrients from non meat products, thats why we are omnivores. Meat is not unhealthy, but when you eat mass quantities of it, then yea it will be.
    "Windows programming is like going to the dentist: You know it's good for you, but no one likes doing it."
    - Andre LaMothe

DLL For Beginners(UPDATED)
    Please use CODE tags
    Rate me if I've helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahir
    A Southampton University study says there is a link between high IQ and vegetarianism.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6180753.stm
    The meaning of vegetarianism must be Eating more vegetables in your meal, or having it as major part of your food. and not Not eating any meat, chicken, fish etc.
    Regards,
    Ramkrishna Pawar

Definitely not a vegetarian!
    I live in SA, where Meat is king
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    All my Articles
    Hannes

Meat Eater here....

But if eating only veggies gives you a higher IQ ..... then where are all the smart people ????
    Articles VB6 : Break the 2G limit - Animation 1, 2 VB.NET : 2005/8 : Moving Images , Animation 1 , 2 , 3 , User Controls
    WPF Articles : 3D Animation 1 , 2 , 3
    Code snips: VB6 Hex Edit, IP Chat, Copy Prot., Crop, Zoom : .NET IP Chat (V4), Adv. ContextMenus, click Hotspot, Scroll Controls
    Find me in ASP.NET., VB6., VB.NET , Writing Articles, My Genealogy, Forum
    All VS.NET: posts refer to VS.NET 2008 (Pro) unless otherwise stated.

Quote Originally Posted by GremlinSA
    where are all the smart people ????
    I am here...
    Regards,
    Ramkrishna Pawar

I think Man started eating meat way back in the past probably because it was obviously much easier then (and is today too!) to hunt another animal and gain nutrition, However I think it is high time now that people start looking for vegetarian alternatives since it is better, safer. And regarding the relationship to IQ I am not sure as GremlinSA points out, though one must note that only good eating habits cannot be responsible for something say IQ!

More and more people seem to be turning into meat-eaters than vegans trying out almost anything that has life.
    One's mistake cannot be your excuse!

Maybe you simply need a high IQ to make that veggie food taste good...?
    I'm not just a meat eater. I also eat egg, fish and turkey...

- petter

I spare so many lifes everyday
    - Sreehari
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    " Everybody is sent to Earth on a purpose. I am so Lagging behind that i won't die." Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by MrBeans
    However I think it is high time now that people start looking for vegetarian alternatives since it is better, safer.
    No, it's not better for the health.
    Our body has a dependence upon animals proteins because there are essential amino acids (amino acids we're not able to synthetize).
    A vegetarian diet may lack those amino acids... Actually, vegetarian diets don't lack essential amino acids so much because eggs or dairy produces are typically accepted by vegetarians.
    So, it's possible to get an acceptably balanced vegetarian diet.

But, a typical non-vegetarian diet is easier to balance.
    Of course eating too much meat is bad, and I know it's a problem in USA.
    "inherit to be reused by code that uses the base class, not to reuse base class code", Sutter and Alexandrescu, C++ Coding Standards.
    Club of lovers of the C++ typecasts cute syntax: Only recorded member.

Out of memory happens! Handle it properly!
    Say no to g_new()!

Like it or not, Veg food is most healthy and atleast I can take it without being guilty! And I take food for survival and not for the sake of getting tasty food all the time! I do love food but stick to clean, veggie food. I think some of the world's most talented ones have been Veggies, that doesnt mean non-vegetarians are dumb, it just means eating non-veg just doesnt give taht edge over others or something....talent mostly is cultivated over a period of time. So, I dont think its related to IQ.
    Last edited by Charu0306; December 15th, 2006 at 04:56 PM.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast