32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 25.00%
  • No

24 75.00%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Are you a vegetarian.

Re: Are you a vegetarian.

Vegetarians are so terribly outnumbered... Scary actually... It may just be a matter of time that they land on dinner plates...

Seriously, how come CG seems to have no vegetarians that are not Indians?
    Last edited by Siddhartha; December 22nd, 2006 at 07:54 PM.

There was a time when I used to believe that only Asians (india mostly) can be pure vegetarians, and all other english speaking people eat meat daily.
    Regards,
    Ramkrishna Pawar

Quote Originally Posted by Siddhartha
    Vegetarians are so terribly outnumbered... Scary actually... It may just be a matter of time that they land on dinner plates...

Seriously, how come CG seems to have no vegetarians that are not Indians?

One more vote in Veg and the ratio will be The PI(22/7) .
    Regards,
    Ramkrishna Pawar

Quote Originally Posted by Krishnaa
    One more vote in Veg and the ratio will be The PI(22/7) .
    Unbelievable but true -- it happened!

Proof of the Pi is in the eating

Quote Originally Posted by Charu0306
    Like it or not, Veg food is most healthy and atleast I can take it without being guilty! And I take food for survival and not for the sake of getting tasty food all the time! I do love food but stick to clean, veggie food. I think some of the world's most talented ones have been Veggies, that doesnt mean non-vegetarians are dumb, it just means eating non-veg just doesnt give taht edge over others or something....talent mostly is cultivated over a period of time. So, I dont think its related to IQ.
    You can't be sure that animal products were not used to fertilise the soil. It is quite possible that some pesticides were used to kill off any wildlife that may have tried to get access to the crops. The farmland used to grown the produce may have been taken away from wildlife inhabitants.

So you cannot be certain that no animals were harmed in the production of your vegetable products.

In addition, very few vegetarians actually know what might not contain animal products. On a recent album cover by Morrissey (or maybe it was a single cover, I'm not sure) he is eating an ice-cream which quite possibly is not vegetarian because they often use gelatin in making soft ice-creams of the type he was eating. (Morrissey is one of music's most celebrated vegetarians).

That's correct - even staunch vegetarians tend to unknowingly consume animal products either directly or indirectly.

There are however vegetarians that do avoid gelatin like the plague - as it is made of animal bones, paws, et al...
    (It is important to read the ingredients even when purchasing your favorite ice cream or pudding!)

Agar-agar is a vegetraian alternative to Gelatin that many manufacturers use:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agar_agar

...But unfortunately, not them all.

In India, most packaged food products, medicines, and some other things like face cream, toothpaste etc. have a green mark on their packages to denote that it contains (or rather is produced using) only vegetatrian ingredients.

I am however not sure as one of the popular toothpaste has it, even though it says it is rich in calcium (and I suppose it is extraxted from animal bones..)

Most of the medicines also use animal products. Even in Ayurveda, Indian alternative medicine system, animal parts are used (supposedly).

I dont think anyone can be sure that what he/she is using is actually pure veg.
    Sarve Bhavantu Sukheenah,
    Sarve Santu Niramayah,
    Sarve Bhadrani Pashyantu,
    Ma Kashchit dukh bhag bhavet.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567