CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Application Error

I have an application (ATL C++ using MFC through dll) which is a tcp/ip simple web server. This web server calls a C# dll to do some encryption (RSA/MD5). When logging out of the workstation the below error is displayed. If I stop the application in any other way I do not receive this error - only if it is running at logout does this dialog box get displayed.

I use a lot of strings (STD::string) in this program if that makes a difference.

Code:
    Application popup: MayoCCOW.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x79442e83" referenced memory at "0x02f11660". The memory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    I have walked through the code and done everything I can find on Microsofts website. Unfortunately I cannot debug the code because at logout of the workstation everything else goes away except this error, including the debugger.

Can anyone help me or guide me in what I can do to fix this? Your help is greatly appreciated!

Re: Application Error

One other question - is there a way to override or create a message pump in ATL so that I can listen for logout and terminate when I receive the END_SESSION message?

Maybe I am going down the wrong path?

There are thousands* cases which can create this problem. You have to debug it, see what line in your code does that.
    Regards,
    Ramkrishna Pawar

How do you debug something that only shows at logout, after the debugger has been closed?

Remote Debugging. Are you using VC++ 2003/2005 ?
    Regards,
    Ramkrishna Pawar

I am using VS2003 - when I try to remote debug it the debugger drops right before the dialog box is displayed.

What do you mean by drops? what dialog box?
    Regards,
    Ramkrishna Pawar

I recompiled everything in debug just now, connected to it through the remote debugger, logged off the workstation and everything works fine (i.e. no error). When not running normally (not connected through debug) I get a dialog box at logout that displays the error in the first post of this thread.