CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: For the Animal lovers out there.. (Serious)

That same kitty we rescued almost two years ago has become quite a little character.. I'm sure many of you are aware of CatNip .. it's supposed to make kitty happy, well she has no effect from catnip..

BUT.. wash anything in the house and she goes completely bonkers..

Watch her love a wet clean carpet while we were still busy washing it..
    Articles VB6 : Break the 2G limit - Animation 1, 2 VB.NET : 2005/8 : Moving Images , Animation 1 , 2 , 3 , User Controls
    WPF Articles : 3D Animation 1 , 2 , 3
    Code snips: VB6 Hex Edit, IP Chat, Copy Prot., Crop, Zoom : .NET IP Chat (V4), Adv. ContextMenus, click Hotspot, Scroll Controls
    Find me in ASP.NET., VB6., VB.NET , Writing Articles, My Genealogy, Forum
    All VS.NET: posts refer to VS.NET 2008 (Pro) unless otherwise stated.

Our latest foster dog, Wink.

Four year old, 9 lb (~4kg), miniature poodle mix. He will be staying with us for about three weeks while he recovers from having an eye removed and a respiratory infection.
    After that he will return to the animal shelter for adoption.

Wink alongside our two permanent dogs.
    Verere testudinem! (Fear the turtle)

Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. -Albert Einstein

Robots are trying to steal my luggage.

Owww .. he's cute... Looks almost like our old girl ... Gizmo (15 year old) ...
    Articles VB6 : Break the 2G limit - Animation 1, 2 VB.NET : 2005/8 : Moving Images , Animation 1 , 2 , 3 , User Controls
    Code snips: VB6 Hex Edit, IP Chat, Copy Prot., Crop, Zoom : .NET IP Chat (V4), Adv. ContextMenus, click Hotspot, Scroll Controls

What a difference a week can make. These pictures were taken 7 days after the pictures above. He has recovered and is a lot more chipper looking. We'll keep him to the end of the week then he goes up for adoption at the shelter.

Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. -Albert Einstein

He's sure to be adopted in no time ... he looks so cute, and happy now ...

Well I just have to add to this thread...

Today at work, one of my colleagues heard meowing from one of the storm water drains, this one....

Now this company has lots of strict rules, and to go down a 1 meter manhole requires job cards, Gas monitoring meter, and barriers setup ..
    However it can take hours to get all the paper work signed for all that, and because it was raining quite hard, and water was building up in the drain..

So no problem myself and two colleagues pull the drain guard off, and i crawl into the hole and look down the dark drain (send someone for a torch) and about 6 meters down there was this little kitty...

She's (at least i think so, as i'm not that good at telling the difference with kittens) only about 3 weeks old, and could barely swim in the water washing down the drain. We ended up grabbing a 6 meter length of steel rod out the stores (none of the required paper work done here either) bent the tip into a loop, pulled a bag over it and secured it with cable ties.

Then while in the hole and getting poured on, I push the bagged rod down passed the kitty, slid it over behind and slowly pulled kitty back out.

Once we had kitty out everything had to be returned to normal (why the pics have the grate back on).

Well while everyone who saw kitty were not to sure if they could take kitty home, i decided to keep her..

Called Shaz and let her know we now have another child...

And Shaz has already named her... Suwi (Pron: soo-we) Because we saved her from the sewers...

So now the family is 4 cats, 2 dogs & a chameleon..t
    Last edited by GremlinSA; March 14th, 2011 at 03:46 PM. Reason: typo's

GremlinSA rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Frohman View Post
    Our latest foster dog, Wink.

Four year old, 9 lb (~4kg), miniature poodle mix. He will be staying with us for about three weeks while he recovers from having an eye removed and a respiratory infection.
    After that he will return to the animal shelter for adoption.

You should have big legs .

Yo udeserve a medal Gremmy!

Thanks Hannes...

Well its the morning after and Suwi is reasonably healthy after it's ordeal. her tummy is still a little upset from the storm water that she must have ingested, and she was a little constipated..

After a little love and lots of tummy rubs, she had a good nights sleep last night (from 1:30 till 7:00 this morning)...

As for many of the rules and procedures that I broke yesterday, only one person is complaining, The Safety Officer... Everyone else is pleased, and consider me the humanitarian hero here.. .

Been inundated with queries about Suwi all morning...

we used to have a small dog in Japan, and we cried a lot then after it was stolen.
    I left a cell phone at the subway station and it was still there after some hours later. I realize years ago, they didn't use SIM cards, one could buy a cellphone at a very cheap price but after that he needed to register the numbers which cost around 5-6000 yens and each month he ought to pay some fees (base + calling fee + internet access + messaging). A phone dropped somewhere became useless to pickers or they might get sued for having stolen other's property if he reached a register service. Simply before a new number was given, it had to be checked from the server.

I love pets, really would like to own one, perhaps a dog, but my parents say they will dirty the house. I find it odd to see how some people let their dogs jump up on their beds after they come back from outside. Their feet have lots of germs. Some people love their dogs more than homeless people. :eeh:. I also love to raise some pigs, love to hear them oinking, especially the newly born baby hogs. I evaluate myself as always as a pet lover, seems right to me.

Feeding Time .. (23:15)

Looks horrible, the skinny petit cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Frohman View Post
    Hello, Tom. Is the big black dog male? You should give the white and black dogs chances to mate. they will give birth to colorful lovely puppies,

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast