CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: MVP Summit 2007 - The Experience

Next morning, we had planned to meet for breakfast at 9:15 - but somehow, everyone (or is it just me? ) got confused about the actual local time - since the U.S. decided to apply a new DST schedule (different from Europe), and changed the clocks this Sunday night, adding to the normal time zone shift... And unfortunately, neither the clock on my laptop nor on my PDA have been aware of this... So in short, when Sid called at 8:15 and asked if I'm ready to go, I learned that it was already 9:15.

So we finally met Marius for breakfast with a slight delay...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Two of those who did not forget to bring the "CG uniform"...

Yesterday we have successfully made contact with Brad, JohnCz, Alin and Arjay. We are still wondering whether Sahir is here or not.

Here is a picture with me, Sid and John. I also have some with Alin, but I have to ask him before posting.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I do not offer technical support via PM or e-mail. Please use vbBulletin codes.

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Well, I've met nearly everyone now. On Monday, I met Cilu, Siddhartha, GStercken, and Brad. Today I met ClearCode and JohnCz.

It's been a pleasure meeting you all and welcome to Seattle. Now, to only meet the elusive Alin....

Yes, one of the important highlights of the Summit for me has been getting to meet Brad, John (we were partners in one crime too many tonight), Arjay, Clearcode (someone I found quite by accident after many long sessions of Table Soccer ), and Alin - this in addition to Cilu and Guido that seem like old-timers by now.

Yeah, we really had loads of fun and the all-MVP party tonight was great! I am incredibly sleepy but so much excitement wont let me sleep quickly either.

Is there any better a way to spend time at 02:00 am than to post photos of the Space Needle...?

So... Here is the view from my desk right now...

Zzzz...
    Last edited by Siddhartha; March 15th, 2007 at 12:28 AM.

Ey, Sid - what about chronological order? But wow, great shot.

Anyway, here we go (a little belated) with a quick mash-up of what happened yesterday: Registration started at noon (or was it 1:00pm?) sorry, I'm still confused about the local time...

Here's a most valuable fellow CG member undergoing the registration process:

Incredible how hard it is to meet a few fellow Codegurus in a crowd of something like 1800 MVPs from all over the world... Sid, Marius and I circled quite a while trying to spot Brad! and John - when Marius, surprisingly and unexpectedly, bumped into Arjay - and so, Arjay finally got a face...

Miracles do happen - only a few minutes later, our highly esteemed Site Manager! finally made his long-awaited appearance. Welcome to the Summit, Brad!

I guess it's safe to assume that this (five) is the highest number of CG members ever caught together in a picture.

// But only three of them conforming to corporate identity... We need to organize this better in the future. Brad!?

// Only five - so far. Now still missing: John (he should already be in Seattle), Alin and Clearcode (but nobody knows what they look like), not to mention Sahir and RobDog888 - they said they would attend the summit, but gave no further notice... In short: Gathering all of the CG MVPs in a single spot remains a daunting task...

After a while, the "European" fraction decided to use the few hours left before the "regional dinners" were scheduled at 6:30pm (four separate dinners: Americas, EMEA, Asia and Pacific, Japan) for a short visit to Pike Place Market (pictures will follow).

So, this is us, just about to leave:

Great to see all you guys having a great time. Keep'em photos coming

Yesterday evening, about 20 hours later after leaving Seattle I arrived in Timisoara. Fortunatelly I did not have a chance to say goodbye to Clearcode, who was in the same plane with me, but was parted from me on Heathrow.

This picture is the one with the most CG members together taken so far. Unfortunatelly Alin and Clearcode are not in this picture, but we have picture with them, that we could post if they agree to.

From left to right: JohnCz, Brad Jones, cilu, gstercken, siddhartha and arjay.
    Last edited by cilu; March 19th, 2007 at 12:55 PM.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

Quote Originally Posted by cilu
    Unfortunatelly Alin and Clearcode are not in this picture, but we have picture with them, that we could post if they agree to.
    sure, why not?

In that case, here is a picture from the Monday dinner at Sheraton hotel, with Alin in the right, Guido in middle and me on the left.
    Marius Bancila
    Home Page
    My CodeGuru articles

I also have no problem with my image being plastered all over the internet...
    '--8<-----------------------------------------
    NEW -The printer usage monitoring application
    '--8<------------------------------------------

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast