CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

View Poll Results: Do you believe that thoughts can be mapped into visualizations

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • I do

9 75.00%
  • I don't

1 8.33%
  • I am not sure

2 16.67%

Thought mapping machine

I have my sources, came across various articles about it not publicly disclosed and I do believe in it.

Actually whatever we think about gets visualized. You can't think about anything that doesn't have a visualization whether you are consciously aware of it or not and the visualization is reflected in our eyes. So it is easy to catch this visualization through the eyes.

What do you all think about this? Is it really possible?
    Last edited by miteshpandey; April 9th, 2007 at 09:56 AM.
    If there is no love sun won't shine

Re: Thought mapping machine

I believe it's possible, and very much sure that current development has much more to see to be an useable system.
    Regards,
    Ramkrishna Pawar

I'm not sure... I would need to see it first
    Marc Gregoire - NuonSoft (http://www.nuonsoft.com)
    My Blog
    Wallpaper Cycler 3.5.0.97

Author of Professional C++, 4th Edition by Wiley/Wrox (includes C++17 features)
    ISBN: 978-1-119-42130-6
    [ http://www.facebook.com/professionalcpp ]

According to all (generally accepted) scientific information. The brain is simply firing (an incredibly complex) bursts of energy (often by chemical transmission), so a mapping should be theoretically possible. In fact some very preliminary work has been done and is used in nuerological diagnosis. From a practical standpoint, hard to tell.....but...

In the 1980's "spies" from a certain country were found to park their vans loaded with electronic information outside buildings that were known to be running DEC VAX machines. They were able to completely monitor the execution of programs and capture the information
    TheCPUWizard is a registered trademark, all rights reserved. (If this post was helpful, please RATE it!)
    2008, 2009,2010
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is.

* Join the fight, refuse to respond to posts that contain code outside of [code] ... [/code] tags. See here for instructions
    * How NOT to post a question here
    * Of course you read this carefully before you posted
    * Need homework help? Read this first

Quote Originally Posted by miteshpandey
    I have my sources, came across various articles about it not publicly disclosed and I do believe in it.

Actually whatever we think about gets visualized. You can't think about anything that doesn't have a visualization whether you are consciously aware of it or not and the visualization is reflected in our eyes. So it is easy to catch this visualization through the eyes.

What do you all think about this? Is it really possible?
    through the eyes?....welll...it's easily possibly theoritically can be done to map it through the brain(although I still think this very hard to do...give me another 20 years or more) rather through the eyes...

...???...
    ...don't blame me...when I smell nicc 'o' tyne...
    ...friends are like bras: close to your heart and there for support..

Kind of gives a new definition of "Thinking about pr0n", doesn't it/
    David

CodeGuru Article: Bound Controls are Evil-VB6
    2013 Samples: MS CODE Samples

CodeGuru Reviewer
    2006 Dell CSP
    2006, 2007 & 2008 MVP Visual Basic
    If your question has been answered satisfactorily, and it has been helpful, then, please, Rate this Post!