CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Good database for Visual C++

Hi all,

I'm trying to make an application which requires a database. I'm using Visual C++ to create Windows Forms for the user GUI, but have not had much success getting access to a database from it. I've been unable to get mySQL++ to work with the forms, I've read the mysql ODBC doesn't work with Visual Studio 2005, and there seems to be little to no examples of using Microsoft SQL Server with visual C++.

So... can anyone recommend a good database program/wrapper that works with visual c++ forms? Any websites with tutorials, examples, etc. are great too.

Re: Good database for Visual C++

This website Connection Strings suggests that you can get MySql to work with .Net.

I would have thought that SQL Server should work fine with Visual C++.

Hopefully this will be of help to you MSDN

If not, try MSDN.MICRSOFT.COM and search for SQL Server and C++

JP
    JP

Please remember to rate all postings.

Dig around on the MSDN I seem to recall a webcast on there that showed you how to link your VC++ application to your SQL Server Data base. There should also be an exsample in the help files. It's been awile since I played with C++ but I remeber that they made it quit easy to use databasses with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikon
    there seems to be little to no examples of using Microsoft SQL Server with visual C++.
    Google for Data Walkthroughs 2.0

All of the extensive tutorial from MSDN (and its huge and very very good) has c++ examples.. Or you can just read the C#.. That "I cant read a foreign syntax" complaint is normally the VBers when you give em C#, not C++ power programmers!
    "it's a fax from your dog, Mr Dansworth. It looks like your cat" - Gary Larson...DW1: Data Walkthroughs 1.1...DW2: Data Walkthroughs 2.0...DDS: The DataSet Designer Surface...ANO: ADO.NET2 Orientation...DAN: Deeper ADO.NET...DNU...PQ