dcsimg
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Wich programing language -> CTI application

Wich programing language -> CTI application

Hello everyone!

I am a french student and appeal to your forum to resolve my problem.

My project consist to develop a CTI (Computer Telephony Integration) application.
    I will briefly explain what this programm have to do:

I have a functionnal Asterisk server and several agents (software & hardware). When a call arrive from a customer, my program should output his form (first name, last name, last intervention,....)

My question is:
    * Wich programming language is the best taking into account my needs (C++, Java, .Net, Python, Ruby, ...)?
    * Furthermore I have different kind of OS (Unix/Linux, Windows) so I want something for all platform.
    * I also looking for programming language who offer SIP API (Application Programming Interface).

Thank you fo your answers and/or suggestions.

Sorry for my english I hope I was clear.

Cordialy Rémy.

Re: Wich programing language -> CTI application

* Wich programming language is the best taking into account my needs (C++, Java, .Net, Python, Ruby, ...)?
    * Furthermore I have different kind of OS (Unix/Linux, Windows) so I want something for all platform.
    I would have to say Qt. It is a cross-platform GUI toolkit, written in C++. They have an Open Source version available.
    If you don't like C++, there are Java and Python bindings to Qt.

Alternatively, you can also use wxWidgets.

I also looking for programming language who offer SIP API (Application Programming Interface).
    Well, you can't find a framework that has them all.
    Considering your purpose, there are a few SIP stack libraries out there(Open Source), so you could use one of them - just search google.

Regards