CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Anyone use Invision Boards? (Moderator Options)

If you use Invision Boards on your site then you might be able to help me. I've been looking around the settings for hours and I still can't find out how to make someone a moderator of a forum(s).

All I'm looking for is a way to select a member and then check a box next to each of my forum names to make them a moderator, yet this seemingly simple task has eluded me thus far, please help!

I've tried to register for the Invision Power Forums to get help but it doesn't seem to be working and I get a generic validation error without further information.

Re: Anyone use Invision Boards? (Moderator Options)

For the Invision Board I am familiar with, under Forum Control in the Admin CP, there is a Moderation page that allows you to add groups or single members as moderators to each individual forum. The Admin CP is located at http://url/forum/admin.php .
    *9-11-01* Never Forget; Never Forgive; Never Relent!
    "If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

I eventually found a small button on one of the pages:

management > manage forums > show moderator options
    then: Add a moderator to all checked forums

Why the hell did they have to make it so difficult! Why is such an important feature hidden by default! Ahhhh!!!! Sorry, I'll calm down now.
    Last edited by Nibinaear; April 24th, 2007 at 03:36 AM.

Perhaps you don't have a full version because the Admin CP is very friendly in every free version I've ever used.
    *9-11-01* Never Forget; Never Forgive; Never Relent!
    "If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Script
    Perhaps you don't have a full version because the Admin CP is very friendly in every free version I've ever used.
    No it's definitely a full version, 2.2 I think.