CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is this possible to make in C++?

I want to make a red dot that centers in the very middle of the screen..i play these shooting games that im not very good at..and there are cross hairs but they do not go all the way to the middle..and haveing the dot there helps me aim better..

is this possible in C++? if so..how?

I just want to have a red dot centered in the very middle..lol..thats all

anyone know?

Re: Is this possible to make in C++?

Please elaborate the question, and how is it connected to VC
    You just divided by zero, didn't you?

I want to be able to have a red dot in the middle of my screen..

is there some way to code this in c++(make a script that makes a red dot appear in the middle of your screen)

that is my question..it seems very simple to me..i just dont know how to do it

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...ins/reddot.jpg

here is a picture of what i am talking about...see the white lines?(cross hairs) well that is already in the game..i want to make a script that adds a red dot the middle of my screen so it is in the cross hairs..and when you look around the cross hairs are always in the middle of the screen so thats where i need the red dot to be
    Last edited by Seife; April 25th, 2007 at 03:16 AM.

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Seife
    I want to be able to have a red dot in the middle of my screen..

is there some way to code this in c++(make a script that makes a red dot appear in the middle of your screen)
    What screen/"my screen"/"your screen" do you mean? Is it a monitor screen (then - which monitor in the case of using more than one)?
    Or you mean the middle of some window of the user process?

that is my question..it seems very simple to me..i just dont know how to do it
    If you "dont know how to do it" - why do you write that it is "very simple to you"?

ok i am just baseing all of this off a little simple program i used to have but have lost..when I opened it it put a red dot in the middle of MY screen..

well i would *think* it would be simple..i have looked at c++ codeing stuff before..and i have scripted stuff in other languages..

adding a red dot to the middle of your screen seems like it would be a simple script..thats all im saying
    Last edited by Seife; April 25th, 2007 at 03:22 AM.

1. You still haven't explain what you mean by "screen".
    2. If you indeed be able to do what you want with some script - why don't you do it? Why are you looking for some more complicated way (using vc++) of doing the same?

ok sorry by the middle of the "screen" i mean the middle of the monitor "screen"..

i figured this would be my best bet to start..is there an easier way i can do this? like another language?

You could try to place an icon with your red dot in the middle of the desktop window.

i need it to appear in my game though..so it would have to be ontop of it..wich is why i think i need some kind of scripting to make this work :-/

ok sorry by the middle of the "screen" i mean the middle of the monitor "screen"..
    i need it to appear in my game though..so it would have to be ontop of it..wich is why i think i need some kind of scripting to make this work :-/
    Sh...t!
    1. Please, learn to correctly ask your questions!
    2. Please, choose at last where you want to show your dot: at the center of the (main) monitor screen of of the center of your game window!?

ok..i am sorry for this confusion..to me these questions make sence i guess -.-

the game is a Full screen game..so it takes up the whole screen..i want it to appear IN my game in the middle..

does that make sence?
    Last edited by Seife; April 25th, 2007 at 03:59 AM.

no, LOL.
    Did you wrote that game (I don't think so) but saying things like "my game" here alludes to writing that game your self.

But lets make it simple, you can't do it if you don't have the source code of the game.
    It's not impossible though.
    You just divided by zero, didn't you?

An idea...

Move your game provided cross-hairs to where they are easily visible, then physically place a small stick-on dot of the color of your choosing on your monitor where the cross-hairs are.

There... that oughta work.

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Red Sharpee Marker?

As I understand it you have a game that is NOT written by you that you play on your computer and you somehow want to add a graphic, a dot, to the very center of the game window.

Firs of all, if you're writing in C++, it's not a SCRIPT that you're writing, it's a program. Secondly, C++ by itself will not be of much help. You need something like MFC, the Microsoft Foundation Classes, which provide much of the windowing and graphics capabilities for a Windows program.

The only way I could think of doing what you have in mind (aside from pasting that red dot on the screen as suggested by another forum writer) is to write an MFC C++ application program that consists of a single transparent window in which you draw the red dot in the center, and then run that application so that it overlays the game program that you're running. You will also probably have to set the Z-level of the window so that it is an always-on-top window.

But if you've never written MFC C++ programs before, even this "simple" program is going to be a lot of learning and work for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast