CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Side by side?

Side by side?

How can I place two update panels side by side? It appears that an update panel occupies the entire width of the page, and the best I can do is place them one above the other.

Re: Side by side?

Maybe you can use absolute positioning or put them within a table? More information would be useful. Like what environment you're working in?

- petter

use either a DIV with some CSS to defint its width or use a table

either way the Update Panel will only take up the width of the containing object
    so if its directly on a page it will take 100% of the page width
    if its in a table and the table cell is 300px wide it will only be 300px wide

hth,
    mcm
    rate my posts!
    mcm

If your program is going to be accessed by the public in the USA, do NOT use a table!!!

Tables should only be used for "true" tabular data. Using them for other things (such as alignment) makes screen readers go berserk.

This causes your application to not be compliant with the guidelines of the "Americans wir Disabilities Act", and can block the adoption/use of your program by most govermental, and many corporate users.
    TheCPUWizard is a registered trademark, all rights reserved. (If this post was helpful, please RATE it!)
    2008, 2009,2010
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is.

* Join the fight, refuse to respond to posts that contain code outside of [code] ... [/code] tags. See here for instructions
    * How NOT to post a question here
    * Of course you read this carefully before you posted
    * Need homework help? Read this first

I agree with you CPUWizard. but tables are "SO EASY" to use! Do you have any good resources on how to use CSS with DIV's etc that makes it as EASY as using tables. Because i know when i have a 2 day deadline to get a site up i fully rely on tables, i find messing with CSS and the DIVS just takes too darn long!

mcm
    rate my posts!
    mcm