CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

[RESOLVED] "Create new folder" on CFileDialog

I have a customised CFileDialog, to which i have derived my own class from, but i do not use a hook.
    I want to know, how can i tell if a user has pressed the "Create new folder" on the toolbar? is there a way to handle it? I want to be able to do something before it creates the new folder.

I have tried overriding the OnNotify and playing with the toolbars GetState method but nothing works.

Also, When the edt1 gets focus, how can i get a notification of this? Again, i would like to be able to do something with the edt1 when it has focus.
    Im really unsure of how to handle these controls.

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: "Create new folder" on CFileDialog

I don't think you could do something with edt1 after User clicks the toolbar button: in this moment your edt1 loses focus, then after button is released the edit control is created to type in the new folder name and this edit control now has the focus.
    BTW, what do you want with edt1 when User is trying to create a new folder?

Re: "Create new folder" on CFileDialog

no i want to do 2 seperate things, the edt1 and toolbar have nothing to do with each other! so when the user clicks on the toolbar button, i would like to be able to handle that action. Then if they click the edit field i can do something else.