CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Connecting to DB2 using ODBC

Hi,
    in my machine (running on Windows XP pro) i have Toad 3.0 for IBM DB2 installed... IBM DB2 is running on HP/Unix box...

i'm able to connect to DB2 database using the Toad application...

i'm trying to create a ODBC connection to DB2 so that i can use this in the application...

While creating the ODBC driver, i'm getting below error message

Quote:
    Originally Posted by
    "The setup routines for the IBM DB2 ODBC DRIVER - ToadB30 ODBC driver could not be loaded due to system error code 126."

and

"Could not load the setup or translator library"

i re-installed the Toad application once again, but no joy..

please can you help me...

Thanks.
    Venu
    Venu Bharadwaj
    "Dream it. U can do it!"

Re: Connecting to DB2 using ODBC

Hi Venu,

Typically, this type of error occurs when there is a problem with the ODBC driver dll or there is a missing dll dependency.

That is, either the system %Path% environment variable is not set correctly to enable dependent dlls to be found or the dependent dlls are simply not present.

It is common for many ODBC drivers to require database vendor client libraries to be present and DB2 is no exception.

Take the OpenLink Single-Tier "Lite Edition" ODBC Driver for DB2 for example - this driver also requires a functional set of DB2 client libraries to be installed on the ODBC client machine.

Without knowing exactly which ODBC driver you are using much of this is speculation.

There is an alternative ODBC driver that you could consider which is the OpenLink Single-Tier "Express Edition" ODBC Driver for DB2 which is based on ODBC to JDBC Bridging technology which results in the driver requiring no other components other than Java.

This leads to a DB2 ODBC driver that is much easier to install and configure.

Time restricted evaluations of all OpenLink products can be downloaded from http://www.openlinksw.com

I hope some of the information above is of some use and you don't take this as an aimless sales pitch.

Regards,

Technical Support
    OpenLink Software