CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: Swing Widgets

Swing Widgets

Hey guys. I have another question. Does anyone know if the swing control widgets are buggy? The reason I ask is because sometimes the controls or widgets will render fine but other times maybe only have of the text will render. I have tried invalidating the rontrol but that doesn't help.

The only thing that makes the control render correctly is if I take the window and drag it off the screen and the back on the screen. Check out the following snap shots to see what I mean.

[image]
    http://www.brandonfogerty.com/my_stuff/images/gui.JPG
    [/image]

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
    -- Brandon Fogerty
    Http://www.brandonfogerty.com

"Not believing doesn't make something not true"
    May GOD Bless, Strengthen, Guide, Protect, and Reveal Wisdom to you Always!

Re: Swing Widgets

Are you sure you are always using the EventDispatchThread to call your Swing components method's.

dlorde is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Swing components can sometimes be awkward and unintuitive to use, but they're not buggy in the sense you suggest.

Without seeing the code, it's hard to say, but you may need to call repaint() on the component or its parent when you update the data.

If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I would spend 6 hours sharpening an axe...
    Anon.
    Please use [CODE]...your code here...[/CODE] tags when posting code. If you get an error, please post the full error message and stack trace, if present.

If calling repaint doesn't work, then why don't you create an Short, Self Contained, Correct (Compilable), Example or SSCCE that demonstrates your bug, and let us take a look at it.