CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Dialog control problems in Vista?

I'm getting various reports of issues users are having related to dialog controls when running our program under Windows Vista. The program was made for Windows XP, and we don't see any of the problems that have been reported when we test under XP. Does anybody know of any issues related to Vista and MFC created dialog controls? Some of the issues we've heard are controls that don't show up, a list box item was missing a colon (:) in it's string, and a space character was returned from a text box that should have been empty. I ran a few searches and didn't find anything immediately on this problem. I find it unlikely that we're the only ones seeing these problems though. Does any of this sound familiar to anyone else?

Re: Dialog control problems in Vista?

First off. Have you tried reproducing the problem on a Vista machine yourself ?

Quote Originally Posted by kirants
    First off. Have you tried reproducing the problem on a Vista machine yourself ?
    I have not been able to test it on a Vista machine. I only know of what's been reported to me, and I know that these controls have no problems when run under XP.

Quote Originally Posted by Monolith
    I have not been able to test it on a Vista machine. I only know of what's been reported to me, and I know that these controls have no problems when run under XP.
    Buy a copy of Windows Vista and install it on another PC or create a dual boot system.

I appreciate the wise advice of suggesting that I test it myself, however that does not answer my question for this thread. What I'm asking is if anybody else has experienced any problems with dialog controls in Vista when they work in XP. I'm asking this in general -- if other people have experienced anything like this in OTHER applications, not just my application.

I am presently investigating a problem with dialog controls in Vista. The code creates and displays a button in the upper left part of the client dialog title. On XP, this works fine. On Vista, the button does not appear, but, will work if clicked in the area where it should display. My initial guess is that Vista/themes has changed the order that controls are rendered. Still looking into this.
    Gort...Klaatu, Barada Nikto!