dcsimg
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Widcomm bluetooth SDK : how to handle audio connection?

Widcomm bluetooth SDK : how to handle audio connection?

Hi all,
    I am trying to simulate PC as a headset device using Widcomm bluetooth SDK. Now I can connect to the audio gateway of mobile phone and receive connected event OnAudioConnected(UINT16 audioHandle). But I can't find the way to recv & play audio data, there is no information in the SDK document either. Does anybody know how to handle it?

Regards,
    Eddie

Re: Widcomm bluetooth SDK : how to handle audio connection?

I don't know how much is this going to help you...

There are sample projects which comes with Widcomm SDK, and I think there is one which is similar to your's. Maybe that is the place you can find answer you need...

You can also try to establish serial comm port connection, and send/receive your data in that way!

Just try to help...

Quote Originally Posted by dakk
    I don't know how much is this going to help you...

There are sample projects which comes with Widcomm SDK, and I think there is one which is similar to your's. Maybe that is the place you can find answer you need...

You can also try to establish serial comm port connection, and send/receive your data in that way!

Just try to help...

Thanks for your reply.
    There is a BlueAudio sample in the Widcomm SDK. I had traced it but still can't find anything about how to use the audio handle. Is there any other suggestion?

Regards,
    Eddie

I don't have much experience with audio, I worked with data only...
    I suggest you take a look at other examples too! I founded almost everything I needed in them!
    I suggest you take a look at SDK documentation about comm port connection because you can send data that way and there are some features regarding audio data!

Hi there.

I have the same problem as you Eddie.

In the blueAudio example it seams like there is no more to do when the audio connection has been set up. When the audio connection are available, a "bluetooth audio" should be available in the sound control panel, but i can't find one.

Have anyone found a solution to this?

I've got this response from the widcomm peoble:

"Please verify the following:

1. That the BTW's Local Headset/Audio Gateways services are disabled.
    2. After you get the OnAudioConnected event, your application is responsible for opening the Bluetooth Audio driver, reading sound data from it and then passing it to the regular system sound driver to be played through the speakers."

I need to open the bluetooth audio driver then. I have found a btaudio.sys file in the drivers-folder, and i think i have manage to load it using this example:
    http://www.koders.com/cpp/fid747AE24...5471ECAF7.aspx

The question is now how to access the functions provided by the driver. Are they general audio routines?

Does anyone have a solution for this problem? I am too stuck as johboh and eddie.

I am able to create a audio connection to the headset to the SDK but don't know how to route the audio to btaudio.sys.

I emailed Broadcomm and they simply brushed off my question.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi everybody. I've also searched anywhere on the net to find a solution for this problem. I think that if we are able to communicate with btaudiohelper.dll (comes with Widcomm stack) we should hear the voice of the cell phone. I've see that BtStackServer.exe is using this file and there are some interesting functions out there such as:

Open(Close)SpeakerConnection, Get(Set)SpeakerVolume, Open(Close)MicrophoneConnection, Set(Get)PrefferedAudioIn(Out)Device ecc.

I'm just looking forward how to call these functions and what parameters do they need. If anyone knows more please let us know cause it has become (at least for me) very frustating.

skynet,

In which version of stack you see btaudiohelper.dll?

nevermind. Found it.

tell me any news please. I'm asking all over the world. Just looking to make it work in a carPC environment. I thought I was close to solution as I see the headPhones over Bt icon in my cell but no way. Tried almost everything in Widcomm SDK options but with no success. I see that the volume level in Bluetooth linein and Microphone is moving but no sound coming from pspeakers.

Here is what I've found so far.

Assuming that you are using the free SDK from Broadcom.

If you use CHeadPhoneClient class then the audio is routed for you. This class can be used only if you are connecting to a device that supports A2DP.

If you use CreateAudioConnection API, then audio routing has to be done manually which is the topic of this thread. I know btaudio.sys is being used by btstackserver but I wasnt aware of btaudiohelper.dll.

I emailed Broadcom several times. They first said I have to route the audio myself. When I asked how they stopped responding.

I don't understand whats the point of providing half baked API!!

I will share if I find any solution...

OK thanks. I know the point of AD2P but my phone (and most of old phones I think) support Headset (UUID 1112) or Hand-free (111F) so thi is not the solution. I'll tell you one other thing. A gyu I know has managed connecting the AudioGateway by using the BtStackServer as a COM by passing the IBTHSPApi Class (exported by BtStackServer as COM+) in VB6. In VC++ I'm not able to do the same as I have to deal with VARIANTS which are some kind of ufo's for me.
    Last edited by SkyNetTo; March 21st, 2008 at 05:18 PM.

Its a time for reverse engineering!!!

I put btaudiohelper.dll through recStudio (http://www.backerstreet.com/rec/rec.htm).
    I see something useful.

Time to write a small app to try to call these functions and see what happens...

very useful, thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast