CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Error when printing to PDF

Hi all! I've done some searching and did not find a similar problem so I guess I'll have to post my own!

ok, here's what I've got:

I create a report document in VB.NET and it prints just peachy keen to a printer and the print preview works wonderful. However, when I print to a pdf file, it defaults to printing one page, very large, in four parts. I can reset the page size and everything works fine, but I have to do that every time and when you forget, redoing it gets annoying. Is there anyway to set a page size default or something similar to avoid this step?

Thank you for the time!
    GO TECH GO!!

Re: Error when printing to PDF

Hey Gurleygirl!
    Are you exporting the report to PDF ¿

Hey Hannes!

I'm not exporting, just selecting Adobe as the print option when the Print dialogue is opened. Am I saying this right? The program has a Windows TM similar format and when the user selects "print" from the main menu a print dialogue window is opened and they can select which printer they want to use.

Funny thing is my Cute PDF writer works just fine, it's Adobe that makes the format change. Is it the computer's settings? Adobe is on a different machine...
    GO TECH GO!!

I would check the default settings (printing preferences) of the machine you are printing to. There is an option under "Layout" for pages per sheet. I would guess it is set to 4.

yes, what I want to know is if there is a way to set the page size in the program code and not have to change the preferences with every print.
    GO TECH GO!!