CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Error: File or assembly name Interop.Word, or one of its dependencies, was not found.

Hi all,
    I am facing a problem in my application. When I am running my application, it throws an error msg:

Error: File or assembly name Interop.Word, or one of its dependencies, was not found.

What may be the cause of this problem and how to handle this.

For development I am using C# in Visual Studio 2003.
    Please help.
    Last edited by rahulsri19; August 7th, 2007 at 02:32 AM.

Re: Error: File or assembly name Interop.Word, or one of its dependencies, was not found.

Your attempting to use the InterOp classes for integration with MS Word. However it can't find the .dll your referencing. Add the Reference to your project by going

ADD REFERENCE (in solution explorer) > then find the Interop.Word package from the available list of options.

hth,
    mcm
    rate my posts!
    mcm

Re: Error: File or assembly name Interop.Word, or one of its dependencies, was not found.

Quote Originally Posted by rahulsri19
    Hi all,
    I am facing a problem in my application. When I am running my application, it throws an error msg:

What may be the cause of this problem and how to handle this.

For development I am using C# in Visual Studio 2003.
    Please help.
    Looks like it is happening on the system where the application is deployed. You need to make sure that the Microsoft Word is installed on the system and it is the same version that you used in Development.

Re: Error: File or assembly name Interop.Word, or one of its dependencies, was not fo

There environment is same on client machine what I am using. We are using Office 2003 for this and .NET framework 1.1 then also in my system its working fine but in client's system its giving the error which I have mentioned. So I want to know what may be the cause for it? Reference is also there in project and the dll file is also there in program files directory when I install the application.

Re: Error: File or assembly name Interop.Word, or one of its dependencies, was not fo

Did you create a Setup for your application? Or did you just copy it from Development Environment to the new environment?

yeah a setup application would see the dependencys and add the dll file to the install
    if you dont want to use setup applications i sugest you copy the dll files for interop to the place of execution of the exe file

Ya...Setup is created and after installation its working fine in systems at my place. I tested in 4 systems having different versions of Windows OS. But when it goes to client they send this kind of error snapshots.

Quote Originally Posted by rahulsri19
    Ya...Setup is created and after installation its working fine in systems at my place. I tested in 4 systems having different versions of Windows OS. But when it goes to client they send this kind of error snapshots.
    This means that your client is using a Different version of Microsoft Word.

No...They are also using office 2003 which we are using. Then also they are getting this issue.