CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

mergin one exe in to anothe

Hi
    Actually I have swf file , To open a swf file . We double click it will open with internet explorer and we can see the flash file. so in my project there is a application which generates this swf file ,I don’t want to open with the internet explorer. With the help of micro media flash player 7 , I can play this swf files.
    My requirement is that I want a separate exe by which I can open it by double click to it .
    I have one flash player 7.exe and one swf file .how can I merge in to single exe by which I can open it by double click with mouse and run .can any one help me how can I do this in vc++ 6.0

Re: mergin one exe in to anothe

If I understand you correctly, you are saying:

When I double-click the SWF file, I want Windows to run Macromedia Flash player, not Internet Explorer.

Is this correct? If so, then this is simply a case of changing the program associated with SWF files (hold down <SHIFT> and right-click the SWF file - you should see "Open With..." on the menu. Use this to select the Flash player and check the box labelled "Always use this program...").

If this is not what you wanted, please try to explain again by saying what steps the user takes with your file, and what should happen.

hi
    There is one application which generates the swf file,
    i want this swf file which is directly linked with micromedia flash player 7
    or micromedia flash player 7 is linked with generated swf file
    when i double click the macro media flash .exe or swf file it should run with the swf file and player .which is generated by our application how can i do it
    in vc++

To make the SWF run Flash Player instead of IE, follow the instructions given in my previous answer. This changes the association in the Windows registry, so SWF files will always use Flash Player.

You can't directly make Flash Player play your file; what you must do is create a shortcut on your machine that runs Flash Player, and then add the full path and filename of your generated SWF file as a parameter to that shortcut. I assume you always generate it with the same name?

If you want your program to automatically run Flash Player with your file as soon as you've generated it (like a preview of the output of your program), then you need to use the ::ShellExecuteEx() function with the verb as _T("open"), and the file to 'open' as your SWF file's full path and filename. If you have correctly set the associations as given above, running the 'open' verb on a SWF file will run it in Flash Player.

Hi
    ok
    If you want your program to automatically run Flash Player with your file as soon as you've generated it (like a preview of the output of your program), then you need to use the ::ShellExecuteEx() function with the verb as _T("open"), and the file to 'open' as your SWF file's full path and filename.

after that in a flash player menu -> file there is a option called create projector
    when we click it will create an exe file and a flash player and swf file in that
    and this file can run on any other computer by coping it just a exe file
    how can i do it
    thanks

Unfortunately that kind of feature is most likely only possible from within Flash Player. We can't do it programmatically - unless Flash Player exposes an API for us to use. You can try contacting Macromedia and asking if they support doing this programmatically, but I don't hold out much hope.

It's definitely not something you can do through normal Visual C++ code on its own.

Hi
    can you tell me how to develop a member function,
    by which i can call this member function with in a class , with single object,
    by this function it can create a exe which contains swf file and player .exe in single exe
    thanks

I've just told you - you can't do it. It's not possible. That's a special function only Flash Player can do.