dcsimg
CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Thread: how to bypass the functionality of the flash player 7

how to bypass the functionality of the flash player 7

Hi
    i am working on OllyDbg, 32-bit analyzing debugger .
    i have flash player 7.exe ,i have open flash player7.exe file
    with the help of debugger .i want to know how can i debug this flash player7.exe filehow to know the functionality of the player how it is working.in the player.7 exe file.
    actually my requirement is how can i bypass the functionality of a flash player7.exe file
    with the help of ollydbg,
    for example if you insert an CD in cd drive the window will open directly with the player and its play with film means there is a auto play option.
    here user is not responsible for the user interaction how to play.directly
    it player when we insert the cd . like this i have a requirement in my project
    can any one help me how can i proceed with this problem.
    regards
    vasanth

Re: how to bypass the functionality of the flash player 7

Quote Originally Posted by banavatu_vas
    Part 1i am working on OllyDbg, 32-bit analyzing debugger .
    i have flash player 7.exe ,i have open flash player7.exe file
    with the help of debugger .i want to know how can i debug this flash player7.exe filehow to know the functionality of the player how it is working.in the player.7 exe file.
    actually my requirement is how can i bypass the functionality of a flash player7.exe file
    with the help of ollydbg,
    Part 2
    for example if you insert an CD in cd drive the window will open directly with the player and its play with film means there is a auto play option.
    here user is not responsible for the user interaction how to play.directly
    it player when we insert the cd . like this i have a requirement in my project
    can any one help me how can i proceed with this problem.
    Not sure how these 2 parts are related, one is about some flashplayer.exe and other one is about autorun. How are these 2 related ?

Also, what do you mean by this
    like this i have a requirement in my project
    What is the exact requirement ? Is it to launch an application when your launch a CD ? If so, look at autorun.inf. This is a file that has to reside on the root folder of the CD and it will need to have command to launch an application.

Hi
    actually my requirement is about .there is a flash file called swf file which is played with the help of micro media flash player 7, with the help of menu in flash player .exe we can open it and play the swf file there is another option called create projector ,this option helps to create the exe file .when we double click this it will play directly with the flash player 7 with swf file . so as per my requirement the user should not do all this option to play. he should directly open with the double click , what i should do
    so i am thinking to open this flash player 7.exe with the help of olly debugeer
    and directly bypass the function ,create projector() in player 7 .exe so i am not able to understand where the code is there for open menu item and create projector , its in assemble language. is this correct way i am going .but i want an exe file with swf file and player .exe to open it and play directly with double click with out interacting with open ,browse, ok buttons to create exe file wit swf and player
    regards
    vasanth

Still not clear. Sorry
    As I understand,
    • You have a swf file , say ABC.swf
    • With flashplayer.exe, you can open this ABC.swf and play it.
    • Also, with flashplayer.exe, you can open this ABC.swf file and do a CreateProjector and generate a file called ABCplayer.exe. When you doubleclick on ABCplayer.exe, your ABC.swf file is played automatically.

Is all that correct ?
    If that IS correct, Is your requirement now for user to be able to use ABCPlayer.exe directly ?

Hi
    exactly what you have said is correct ,
    we have a application which generates a swf files
    in our project we have a menu option called create animation .when the user
    clicks this option . swf file which is generated should play on flash palyer 7

To play the flash file on player 7, the user should interact with open button ,browse button and ok button to play on flash player 7 .our user should not do
    this to play

there is a menu option in the player called create projector which will create
    just like an exe file, i want this file to open when i click menu option in my project called create animation
    what should i do for this

so i am thinking to use ollydbg.exe to open the flash player.exe
    by which i can change the code which is in assemble language
    and i don't know where the exact code is doing for each option

regards
    vasanth

Hi
    exactly what you have said is correct ,
    we have a application which generates a swf files
    in our project we have a menu option called create animation .when the user
    clicks this option . swf file which is generated should play on flash palyer 7
    So, if all you want is to play the generated file, say ABC.swf , when the user clicks on the create animation, can you not do this by calling ShellExecute like below ( of course, this assumes flash player is installed and registered for swf file type ).

ShellExecute(NULL,_T("open"),_T("ABC.swf"),NULL,NULL,SW_SHOW);

Or, if you are trying to build an exe from the swf, you could possibly use one of these tools to first build the exe using one of these:
    http://www.mariotec.com/flashexeshell.htm
    http://create-projector-exe.crystal-product.com/

and then do the below to launch it:
    ShellExecute(NULL,_T("open"),_T("ABC.exe"),NULL,NULL,SW_SHOW);