CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

database not saved anymore

Hi,

I once changed an option somewhere so that my database file isn't saved anymore

example : When I press "Start debugging" and do some changes to my database and when I stop debugging and restart my application all changes are back to normal.

The problem now is that I do not know anymore what option I need to change to go back to the normal debugging (All changes stay.)

Any1 can help me?

Re: database not saved anymore

Are you working with transactions which you are not committing?

Your thread title is misleading. Your changes ARE saved, just as they were before. It's just that when you recompile a new copy of the database is written over the changed one.

Select the database file in the Solution Explorer and open the Properties window, then edit the 'Copy to Output Directory' property. The default is 'Copy Always' which was a bad choice. It should have been 'Copy if Newer', which is what most people want.
    Tutorials: Home & Learn | Start VB.NET | Learn VB.NET | C# Station | GotDotNet | Games in VB.NET 101 Samples: 2002 | 2003 | 2005 | More .NET 2.0 (VB.NET, C#) Articles: VB.NET | C# | ASP.NET | MoreFree Components: WFC | XPCC | ElementsEx | VBPP | Mentalis | ADO.NET/MySQL | VisualStyles | Charting (NPlot, ZedGraph) | iTextSharp (PDF) | SDF (CF) ● Free Literature: VB 2005 (eBook) | VB6 to VB.NET (eBook) | MSDN Magazine (CHM format) ● Bookmarks: MSDN | WinForms .NET | ASP.NET | WinForms FAQ | WebForms FAQ | GotDotNet | Code Project | DevBuzz (CF) ● Code Converter: C#/VB.NET | VB.NET/C# | VS 2005 add-in

thx jmcilhinney,

that was the right solution

sorry for the misleading thread title